Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

How Safe Are A Frame Ladders
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 29 August 2003
I am Looking into buying a 30-35 foot ish A Frame Ladder, can anyone tell me how safe these are  I have heard a few reports that care must be taken when ladder is extended and working near the point as ladder can twist. Im Looking at a wooden one so should be quite solid I use a double alley one around 12-15 foot at the moment and this seems ok but not long enough.
Can anyone help
Cheers Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (STEVE71163), 6 September 2003
I have been using these kinds of ladders for the last eighteen years and i personally would not use anything else but if you want to go above the standard house height i would get someone to foot my ladder or better still use a water fed pole.
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 14 September 2003
After using an A frame ladder the last 2 weeks I would say A Frames are a lot safer you are covering the hole length of the window no reaching, standing on sills hanging on for dear life wish I had done got these ages ago may be a bit more expensive but how much is your life worth and also looks more professional the amount of comments I have had as well as picked up extra work.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 14 September 2003
After i bought my first A frame i could'nt believe how much safer i felt Cheesy

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 14 September 2003
same here amazing well worth it hay

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.