Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Insurance
Posted by md_cleaning (md_cleaning), 28 December 2003
Hi,
  Can anyone recomend a good Insurance company or broker for my Carpet and Upholstery cleaning business as when I have rung round I seemed to get the runaround. If you could also give me some idea of what you pay.
           From Dave.
Posted by paul_moss (paul_moss), 28 December 2003
Try McGreggors in Birmingham

First years Liability insurance for me only inc risk insurance for up to £5k cost me £260 for the year.I had to show proof of training courses attended on carpet and upholstery cleaning.

You can get just Liability for about £80

Paul
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 28 December 2003
Hi Dave

McGreggor's in Birmingham offer a good package if you're doing just residential work. I think their Liability package is for about £1m public and £5k treatment. Remember, a medium priced suite can cost over £5k. Also remember that if anybody helps you on a casual or part time basis, even for just 1 minute a year, you are obliged to have employers liability too. Make sure you are covered for casual and part time workers in all categories. If your needs are outside the scope of the McGreggor package, try HSBC Bank. I got £2m Public and Treatment plus £10m Employers for £468. The Industries big players don't seem interested in us small businesses. Minimum premium is often in excess of £800.
Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.