Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

what do you reckon to this statement from sales.
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 2 November 2003
I was advised this today by email, what are your opinions gentleman

Unfortunately we do not sell extraction machines with heaters in, as our customers don't tend to want heaters in the machines as the water takes so long to heat.  Our customers tell us they prefer using standard extraction machines and simply refilling them with warm/hot water to enable constant cleaning.  It's also worth bearing in mind that the hotter the water in the machine, the more likely there will be shrinkage in the carpet/material you are cleaning.

Many thanks

Alex

Posted by DaveR (DaveR), 2 November 2003
I think you need to look at another supplier say Prochem or Extracta or Ashbys. Also go on a training course so you can explain to these"professionals" some of the basics of cleaning!

Best Regards

Dave
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 2 November 2003
What a crazy statement.
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 2 November 2003
Just imagine all those Truck Mount manufacuters have wasted thousands of ££££££££££££££'s by putting a Heater on their machines.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 2 November 2003
I would say it's bo*****s. They are so non technically minded or just dont care, that they have to make excuses for themselves.
Most machines will warm up reasonably well with cold water (2.8kw) heater, while you are setting up.
And most customers will have hot water available so that your machine, fitted with a heater will be ready for rolling with 75 degrease of hot water to start the job.
John

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.