Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Statistic's for your area (Marketing)
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 4 January 2004
This link may be usefull to some it shows the statistics for most areas.

http://neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/Default.asp?nsid=false&CE=True&SE=True

Punch in the postcode for your target areas and you can see how many are rented / private even average number of occupants
Just occured to me perhaps we should chat about how you pick an area.

I am using this above to just check out the number of landlord owned property versus owner occupied  i doubt high landlord areas will respond to my flyers as it's often not their carpet .

Also looking  for high cars etc see if they have the cash.

What do you reckon Huh?

Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 4 January 2004
On the contrary alex landlord owned carpets usually HAVE to be cleaned when they move out. Sometimes every 6 months or so. A good source of income. only drawback is that there may not be any repeat work, unless they are moving into another rent.
cheers , never thourght of that. Embarassed Embarassed

I have never rented , do the occupants lose deposit on badly soiled / damaged carpets?

Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 5 January 2004
Normally in arental contract the tenants have to have the property professionally cleaned.

Otherwise they have to call in a pro and they charge the tenant out of their deposit and the letting agent can also charge them 1 weeks rent for doing so!

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by woodman (woodman), 5 January 2004
Statistics are a useful tool.

It will give you average house prices in your area for detached,semi etc and how many of course is important.

It's been said many times before but you must know the demographics of the area you are working in to target properly.
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 5 January 2004
This site is brill, I've learnt alsorts of stuff Smiley

I don't want to be rasist but has anyone got less ethnic minorities than me 98.7% are white  

our houses are 60K less than the national average so thats  about 120k lower  than london Grin

mike
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 5 January 2004
Thanks Alex for a reminder of that site I need it for my political work.

In my opinion Landlords are crooks.

My student son recentley rented a property in Oxford at about £700 a month. when he moved out the landlord did them for dilapidations which were no more than day to day living.

Said there were tea stains in carpet which ther were three weeks before they moved out and landlord went in early for inspections.

Lads did corrective work cleaned carpets no stain and Landlord still did them £500 for dilapidations.

We could have arcued but as they retain deposit its was not worth effort for our share about £150

Posted by clive (clive), 5 January 2004
.Hi Ian,
Us landlords are not all crooks. I have a couple of flats which I rent out. I always look after my tennants.
I have always had a good relationship with my tennants and I think it pays off as the flats have been in good condition when they leave. I have always refunded deposits. The last tennant left the carpets pretty dirty but I just look upon that as fair wear and tear and clean them myself!
One of my current tennants even sent me a Christmas card this year!!
I must be a lovely landlord Grin.

Clive.

p.s. how is the machine going?
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 6 January 2004
Sad Angry Angry Angry Angry
Yep i must say thats all i needed at this time of the day
Angry Angry
E & W Only Angry Angry
Sorry chaps
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 6 January 2004
och i danoo (sorry)

this might be the scotts version not sure

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/grosweb/grosweb.nsf/pages/home

hope its of some use

the cencus data may be usefull

AHHHhh  here it is for my bonnie wee lad (sorry cant resist) Embarassed

http://www.scrol.gov.uk/scrol/common/home.jsp
Even better this for you.

Its fife , i can tell by the way you type that your from around there.

http://www.scrol.gov.uk/scrol/browser/profile.jsp?profile=Household&mainArea=Fife&mainLevel=CouncilArea
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 7 January 2004
Hi Clive
Please dont sue me!

Obviously not all landlords are crooks but it is a problem Citizens advice have found to be on increase.

Interesting that you are a landlord as I was going to start a post asking what all these megga rich carpet cleaners on this and Cleantalks board invest their surplus cash in.

Machine fine had a bit of trouble with Heat Exchanger but John Bolton pointed me in the direction of the trouble. ie damp and cold so  I now keep it warm at night.

Sorry to here about problem you had with your new machine

Happy New Year

Ian
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 8 January 2004
Just wondered if thier is anybody on the form further north than meHuhHuhFife that is....

And thanks for the pin-pointed website Alexd..
Alex or eck is that not a scottish name...MMMM!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.