Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

deal with pet urine and get a tan. :)
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 18 October 2003
Hi gentleman.

thought this might interest some of you.

http://www.dalworth.com/services/pets.htm

if you watch the flash presentation on urine it shows them using a UV light to find the urine , what do you reckon does this work, looks like a nice gimmick as you can pick up UV lights dirt cheap.

what the hells that porridge he pours on the pee looks a bit messy to me.

All the best

Alex

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 18 October 2003
http://www.uvgear.co.uk/product/uvlights.htm

at the bottom of page
Posted by Mr._One_Step (Steve Carpenter), 22 October 2003
The small pocket UV lamps aren’t really suitable for detection of urine on carpeting (ok for hard surfaces though). Go for the larger hand held units. Also damp meters can be used to out line the rough perimeter of the urine-affected area.

Regards

Steve

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 23 October 2003
Hi Steve

Where can one obtain a decent hand held UV light?

I have seen some real beauties in the US but the wiring is different for the UK market.
I agree the small ones are a bit of a waste of time and money although to be fair they were not designed for the use we want to put them to.

Derek
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 23 October 2003
I bought a 18inch  one from the Gadget shop in our local shopping mall I think it cost about £18.

Restoration Express have a really good one in thier Bridgepiont catalog ( Although when I've tried to buy anything ftom them they don't have it in stock and have to import it)

Don't these lights work because the salts in  the urine are Flourecent?

I remember watching a film where the police use a UV lamp to Locate 'Body Fluids'   at a rape scene Shocked

Mike
Posted by Jim_Lynch (Jim_Lynch), 23 October 2003
The UV light works very well in showing up urine deposits, together with a moisture detector. The light shows up protein, so the glow may not be urine...that's where the nose comes in  Grin
You do need total darkness to get the best results.

Jim
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 23 October 2003
Hi gentleman

So it appears this may be valid thing to get then.

Many thanks for the advice

Alex

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.