Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

anyone with spare work in London?
Posted by andy (andy), 13 January 2004
Hi peeps!

Im Just starting my on my own, i have all the equipment and i have previsouly worked for window cleaning company's.

I have just moved to london so i can charge more for window cleaning. I know its more expensive to live but you get more opportunity down here

Anyway! DOES ANYONE HAVE BAD WORK TO GIVE OR COULD I MAKE A GOOD DEAL WITH SOMEONE?

I live in holborn (central london) but i can travel to the outer areas if nessecery.

Any advice or help would be much appriceated and will never be forgotten.

ANDY!
Posted by josephus (josephus), 15 January 2004
hi mate

you seem nice, and as i wasjust in london on hols ill reply. ps i love yourtube stop  Grin

if you dont want to walk around doors buy a fax machine and send out adds every weekend . it costs next to nothing and works well.

or call up medium cleaning companies and make a deal with them till your on your feet.

all the best

josephus
Posted by andy (andy), 16 January 2004
thanks for that idea! its brilliant. But one thing. How do you get all you local houses fax numbers from?

ANDY!
Posted by Londoner (Londoner), 17 January 2004
Andy

I would start canvassing around Kilburn / Willisden Green area, Try Chatsworth Rd or Brondsbury Park for staters and spread out.
Ignore anything three story or with a basement flat which cuts out most of central london.Most places you can't park anyway.

The roads I mention have good parking and and good two story family houses.
Charge top prices and expect a hostile reception from other cleaners.

Around London there are loads of little parades of shops up side roads. Give them a try.
Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 17 January 2004
Dont window cleaners get on in London area then?

Craig
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 17 January 2004
Why not put a few of your card in phone boxes as last time I was London I saw quite a few cards in boxes  offering services, ie french lessons ,  etc, etc Wink
Posted by Londoner (Londoner), 17 January 2004
The answers to the last two postings are -

No window cleaners don't generally get on in London. You would generally expect anyone new to be given a bit of verbal. Don't worry though, Ive never heard of it going further than verbal.

If you put your cards in phone boxes you will definitely get a lot of calls (and will make more money than cleaning windows).  just don't forget the vaseline.
Posted by andy (andy), 17 January 2004
haha!  Cheesy

Anyway majestic. they get taken down after a few days as prosy's posts there information there.

Thanks for trying to help though!

LONDERNER:-  I know it can be hostile and that doesent bother me i just want to earn some good cash. Thanks for the area tip. I know the area quite well.

ANDY
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 17 January 2004
I know I have seen some of the cards that have been left.  Shocked
Posted by Londoner (Londoner), 18 January 2004
You don't happen to remember any of the phone numbers by any chance?
Posted by andy (andy), 18 January 2004
ha!  Wink
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 18 January 2004
I cant remember the phone no but a couple of names have stuck in my mind,
Nancy the naughty nympho nurse ,Miss whiplash ,Madam Sin, they could be in the phone book Grin
Posted by Londoner (Londoner), 19 January 2004
BOY are we off the original topic. Lets get back to finding this lad some work in London.
Most of the London suburbs are not as heavily populated with window cleaners as you might think. If you are serious about it you will build up a good round without too much trouble. Just keep at it.
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 19 January 2004
Why not have a look on
http://www.windowcleanersindex.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.cgi
and you could e mail a couple of window cleaners about some work
Posted by andy (andy), 20 January 2004
CHEERS GUY'S.

Helpful info, thanks lononder

ANDY

P.S:- Londoner, do you think many people on this site know much about inner city work in london?

i feel that everyone is trying to give me carrot chewing info.

Posted by josephus (josephus), 20 January 2004
hi andy sorry for the late reply.

as to you question how to get home fax numbers ?

why bother ?

commercial work pays better, faster and more often and they print the number in the yellow pages.

allso canvas nightclubs i do 2 club a week and make 200..00 from just them allso youll move into carpet cleaning from thier.

good luck

josephus
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 20 January 2004
on 01/20/04 at 00:30:56, andy wrote:
CHEERS GUY'S.

Helpful info, thanks lononder

ANDY

P.S:- Londoner, do you think many people on this site know much about inner city work in london?

i feel that everyone is trying to give me carrot chewing info.

Oooh, I seem to remember that you`ve only just moved there and now you`re a city slicker.
 I don`t think many people on this site know about inner city work in London but neither do you by the sounds of it.
  You complain when you don`t get an answer and are rude and ungrateful when you do.
   What`s the point of working in London to earn "serious money" when you have no round ?
    You`ve also shown interest in rounds in Coventry and Newmarket so  don`t pretend that London is the only place to be.
   You`d think someone so rich would know,or know someone who knows, a window cleaner that knew what to charge.

Gerry.
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 20 January 2004
Andy
Are you Doms brother
ok giffin, or what every your name is.

I am a city sliker, i come from las vegas.

And the reason why i would like to buy rounds around the country because i want to control the window cleaning business in the uk.

on a basic note:- i want all the work in the uk, im only here to do business and i havent come to this site to make friends.

Now that i have come to this site i know the calibra of people who in this line of business in the uk.

AND MONEY AND WHO YOU KNOW MATTERS!

Andy.

xxx
oh gerry! thank you for taking your time to answer to my comments.

It looks like you have took some and done some research about me. hahah!

You do know how to really waste your time.

ANDY.
(UK TAKEOVER)

Andy
I know Andy Preece used to manage Bury FC, Brian London (ex boxer) , do they count Grin
enlighten my on what your saying please.

ANDY
You said who you know matters and I know them , they are nearly famous does that count Grin
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 21 January 2004
on 01/20/04 at 20:30:40, andy wrote:
And the reason why i would like to buy rounds around the country because i want to control the window cleaning business in the uk.

xxx

I like your sense of humour Andy Roll Eyes  How much work have you got so far Huh  Or are you still in the planning stage Huh Roll Eyes

Steve

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 21 January 2004
Winktheres no way he will overtake me Wink

i am much to quick Shocked Cool Roll Eyes Grin Wink
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 21 January 2004
Andy,

You said - "Does anyone have bad work to give."
That doesn`t sound to me like you`re ready to take over the UK just yet,even if you were joking.

Don`t be flattered, I didn`t research you I just remember you for being keen on any work going,(or not going for that matter) and willing to re-locate. Hardly window cleaning Premier League talk is it?

Anyway, good luck with the take over and I hope your "contacts" do better for you than they`ve done so far.

Nearly forgot,what do you mean about the calibre (correct spelling) of members on this site?

Gerry.
Posted by andy (andy), 22 January 2004
CYA AROUND GUY'S!

ANDY

(UK TAKEOVER)

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.