Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

lost a customer over 50p
Posted by simonb (simonb), 11 January 2004
Can anyone beat this ?
The house is worth £350k and I wanted to put the price up after 5 years from £12.50 to £13.00 The guy said "Don't come every 4 weeks come every 8 weeks!"
He is  a retired accountant!!!!
Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 11 January 2004
Unless you are desperate mate Id drop him from my services as 50p is neither here nor there.  On my round the windows are done every 2 weeks

Craig
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 11 January 2004
Hi Simon
            I would say that i dont mind cleaning them every two months but it will then be £26 because you are getting two months of dirt off so want two months money Wink

Steve
Posted by poleman (poleman), 11 January 2004
some customers can be like that, i found the best way of putting up prices was to say, very sorry but as you no i have been cleaning your windows for many years now and in that time i have not put the prices up, then they think its going to be lots but then you jump in and say  " however its only going to be 50p" it worked for me so it mite work for you!!

andy
dorset

fed member
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 11 January 2004
I only do a couple of monthlys they are not worth the hassel,drop him , let him try to find another cleaner who will do it every 8 weeks. Cool
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 12 January 2004
All our residential is done 6 weekly so we can do more house obviously 4 weekly you could do 2,000 houses and turn around but 6 weekly you can do 3,000 so obviously more houses can be done.

Posted by proggss (proggss), 18 January 2004
never say "i,m putting my prices up" , but putting prices up with inflation. Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.