Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Kirby vacuum
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 25 October 2003
kirby vacuum cleaners what do you guys think about them are they any good for pre-vac?
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 25 October 2003
Kirbys are an excellent vacuum cleaner I have 2 of them in my garage, if you pre-vac upholstery then they are a must because when you take off the head the hose attatchment gives a great vacuum.

I have a Heritage-legend which is a bit hard to push, and a G5 which has  motorised wheels so is very easy to use, the only down side is they are very heavy.

If I did'nt use a powerhead attatched to my Truckmount I'd still be using mine.

If you are buying one second hand then check the drive bar ( it projects out of the front when you take off the head) it should be coned shaped. If this bar gets worn then it allows the belt to slip and the brush doen'nt turn.

they last for ever, My Legend is 12 years old and still works as good as new.

most carpet cleaners rave about Sebos but the Kirby makes them look like a toy.

Mike
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 26 October 2003
Hi Steve

I use a Sebo vacuum but I also have  Kirby Legend...Mike has described the performance very well.

You can pick them up for peanuts secondhand.

Regards
Derek
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 26 October 2003
To see the Kirby at its best you need a Kirby salesmen  demonstrate it in your home, it's salesmenship at its best!

They pour salt & flour all over your carpet, grind it in with thier shoe Shocked  then they ask you to Vac it up with your existing vacuum cleaner

After you've done your best they do one pass over it with the Kirby,

When demenstrating the Kirby the salesmen fits a filter box to collect the dust instead of a bag, he then empties this filter into you hand to show you how much salt & flour your vac leaves behind..... its brilliant Cheesy

Mike
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 26 October 2003
You sold them besides Double Glazing Huh Huh Huh
It shows does it John Grin Grin  yes I spent 4 months selling  Kirbys, one of the best laughs I ever had Wink

The 12 year old legend that I mentioned was the one they gave me as a demo model when I left they refused to pay me my wages so I kept the Kirby Cheesy

Mike
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 26 October 2003
Good to see you are a man after my own heart Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Posted by MB (MB), 26 October 2003
Mike

There is a Kirby Tradition 3-cb for sale in our local friday ad.

£125.00  waddya reckon to them

Ta    Mark

Mark, To be truthful I hav'nt heard of the 3-cb so it must be an old model,  I would'nt buy anything less than the new G series.

the vacuum holds onto the carpet so much it get very hard to push the thing without the motorised wheels.

Mike
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 27 October 2003
Nice vacuum cleaner

I see more of them being use has a coat rack in customers homes

I like the very light Riccar vacuums Shocked Shocked Grin

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.