General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

End of tenancy cleaning
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 2 February 2004
Hi People,

Does anyone on here offer end of tenancy cleaning on carpets, window cleaning, general cleaning for estate agencies or property developer?

I think of talking to these people and I’m looking for some advice on how to approach.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 4 February 2004
Hi Alex,
We carry out end of tenancy cleans,for several agents,and would be happy to assist in answering your questions.
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 4 February 2004
Cheers Catrodney,

I'm thinking of trying to get some work with EA and PD to increase my business. I want to find out what people expect of you, ie vacing carpets and not cleaning them, cleaning kitchens and bathrooms. Things like that.

Alex
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 7 February 2004
hello
i am thinking about branching out into this from window cleaning. frankly i dont have a clue what to charge, anyone help on going rates per room
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 7 February 2004
Hi Alex,
As promised our schedule for End of tenancy cleaning based on a 3 bed house.

Kitchen.
Deep clean to cooker,oven,hob,grill,racks and pans.if free standing pull out clean outer casing and under floor.
de-grease extractor fan,replace filter.
deep clean f/freezer including outer casing.
De-scale soap tray to w/machine pull out machine clean casing and under floor.
De-scale D/washer clean filter and outer casing.
Deep clean all kitchen units inside,outside,tops and underside.
Take down strip light casing (if applies)clean,and also tube.
Degrease wall tiles clean then polish.
clean all sockets,switches.
De-scale taps and sink then polish.
BATHROOM.
De-scale all taps,fittings,and showerheads.
Deep clean all sanitryware then polish.
De-scale wall tiles,clean and polish.
Deep clean bath/shower then polish
Deep clean floor.
THROUGHOUT  PROPERTY.
High low level dust. ie cobweb removal.
Dampwipe all woodwork,doors,architraves,skirting boards,picture rails.
clean all sockets,switchs,ceiling roses.
Take down and clean all light shades.
vacuum all curtains and deodourise/remove and get dry cleaned.
Clean and polish all door furniture.
clean interior windows including frames.
vacuum carpets,pre spray,agitation,clean carpet using hot water extraction method.
Clean exterior windows including frames.
wash down front door and most important sweep the path.
Hope this has answered your question Guys.
Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 7 February 2004
And what sort of money do you charge for that? How long would that take on average too, please?

Thank you.  Smiley
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 7 February 2004
Hi,
On average a clean on this scale takes One man two and a half days "depending on state of the property" it is as you can see very detailed and intense.

Posted by feeby (feeby), 8 February 2004
Hello Catrodney,

Having read your in depth list, it would be most interesting to know what can be charged for that work.

I work for one agent at the moment as I only set up recently and am happy to just do the work as and when asked. I charge £80.00 for a 2 bedroom flat basically covering all you have set out except for taking things apart. It is fantastic to know that you are obviously more experienced and to read your advice, as a result I will now adopt a lot of your list to what I do to improve my service. My main concern is that I do not want to undercharge so what do you think should be charged for a to bedroomed flat for the work listed?

Regards, Feeby Cheesy

Posted by bebby (leanne16), 10 February 2004
Hi
I have been thinking of branching out into that field also but though that estate agencies etc would not be interested. What area of the country are you in?
leanne16
Posted by feeby (feeby), 10 February 2004
Hello,

The South West, Avon & Wiltshire.
Posted by Julian (Julian), 12 February 2004
Just the opposite they are all screaming out for "RELIABLE" contractors, I have been in this field for 10 years and the workload grows constantly

good luck

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.