Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

NCCA membership
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 7 October 2003
Do you recommend NCCA membership.

I am having a little difficulty finding information on courses and prices.

Many thanks gents

Alex
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 8 October 2003
Hi Alex

Of course I recommend membership of the NCCA but then I would wouldn't I!

Contact them on Tel: 0116 2719550

Ask for a membership pack, you should get details of all the courses also an issue of the magazine Newslink.

Regards
Derek
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken_Wainwright), 9 October 2003
Hi Alex

It has been said that the NCCA is the best kept secret in the industry. Membership has been a revelation to me and my business. At our AGM just 2 short weeks ago, we were brought upto date on some of the dynamic initiatives that are about to come to fruition. It is a truly exciting time to be a member.

Safe and happy cleaning Smiley
Ken

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 9 October 2003
Its a waste of money, all you are paying for is 12 newsletters and a poorly attended trade show, of course this is just my opinion.

I would be interested in the turnover of members. I can see why someone would join the NCCA after attending thier training course because the do run a good taster course but how many actually keep up thier membership over the years.

the best thing about the NCCA is they have a core membership of very helpfull & knowledgable carpet cleaners who are always willing to give advice over the phone ( so I've heard Wink)

Mike

Ps; who told Ken about this site, I was hoping to get away from him Grin

PPS; the only dynamic initiative the NCCA would come up with is putting go faster stripes on thier Zimmer frames!!
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 10 October 2003
Mike

You are out of touch Sunshine... whilst you were swanning around the USA the NCCA show took place.... far better attended than before.... next year, well.... I bet you will be there!!

At the AGM several initiatives were mentioned these will be announced during the next couple of months....

The NCCA do help members with advice etc. as you well know from your local colleague John H...

Regards
Derek
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 10 October 2003
Derek, when i said poorly attended I was'nt very clear, what i meant was not many exhibitors, it's nearly alway the same companies.

I've been to the last 4 shows and its always the same, you can walk around them all in 40mins, Yes you're right if i had'nt been away i would have popped along just to see some old faces.

In another post you mentioned that most of you work comes from past customer, this is because you offer a great service & value for money,.... lets use the same formula  for the NCCA, if they offered  a great service & value for money then there customers ( IE members) would also keep coming back.  so the proof of the pudding is how many  member renew thier membership?

Mike

Ps; I have a total respect for the NCCA and all its members, please don't see this post as NCCA bashing Kiss
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 10 October 2003
I can hear what you're saying Mike, and to be brutally honest, the viewpoint you are expressing has a lot of merit. From my perspective, I don't necessarily agree with much of what you and others have said, but I can see the logic in your lines of thought.

BUT

As Derek has already suggested, there are several exciting new initiatives about to bare fruit. These are:
1) Censored
2) Censored
3) Censored

Oh why oh why does DB have to be a moderator on this forum, just like on the Newslink, he censors my articles and  he censors my photos. I think I'll buy him some blunt scissors for Xmas.

Seriously though, when you hear of these exciting new initiatives, you'll be so in awe of what's been done for our industry that you'll be begging the lovely Nicky to send you a membership pack.

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 10 October 2003
Hey Ken

If you keep censoring your own posts I shall be out of a job!

There are those people who don't want to join Associations, clubs, institutions etc...its not their scene.

That's fine..I can go along with that... but if it wasn't for the NCCA I would never have met our Kenneth (such a nice helpful man).. and this was in the pre-internet days.

Mike....I had to smile when you said that if you hadn't been in the USA you would have come along to the show for the chat...THAT, my friend, is what the NCCA is all about.

Mike...I still say that you will be at next years show  .....CENSORED....Hey Ken did you do that?
The NCCA Directors do listen and we do come up some good things... trying to get the members to support them is another thing

Regards
Derek

Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 11 October 2003
Ken, I wasn't quite sure what initiative 2) was about, but 1 and 3 sound pretty good to me! Grin
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 21 October 2003
When you ask for a membership pack from the NCCA not only is it informative it also has a tea bag Cheesy how nice!!
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 21 October 2003
Hi

Did you get the biscuits too?  Grin

Derek
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 30 October 2003
Could you tell me what is the difference between NCCA
Proclean
IIRC

Guild of Carpet Cleaners.

Would Mr Halliday have to do the two day course to join the NCCA as he is already an experienced carpet cleaner.

Regards

Ian
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 30 October 2003
Grin good morning cleantalkers!! Grin
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 30 October 2003
I would'nt have to do the course because I've already done it Grin .

It would have been hypocritecal of me to have made the comments l've made without  been at some point a member

mike

Ps good morning Nick
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 30 October 2003
Hi Guys

Ian, I will try to answer your questions.

NCCA... The UK's only independent Trade Association, provides information and training for its members, the public and media on professional cleaning. None of the Directors are paid employees.

Proclean... A 'privately' owned organisation which promotes business building and marketing. It is NOT a Trade Association!

IICRC... A 'Certification Board' based in the US which endeavours to set the industry standards Worldwide. it is NOT a Trade Association.
Provides training to those standards. The Standards themselves are 'live' documents which means that they are reviewed and updated every two years.

I hope that this helps

Regards
Derek
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 30 October 2003
Mike

I forgot to reply to your comment...

The NCCA rules state that if you have taken the NCCA courses within the last two years then Yes, you could re-apply for membership.

If the two years have elapsed then you will have to retake the exam.

The Directors are currently working on producing a comprehensive structured training programme which looks interesting.

Regards
Derek

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.