Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Bank Charges!
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 18 January 2004
I guess like me, all you guys want to save money, be it on chemicals, phone, etc.
I looked at my bank charges today for the last month, £33.
I trawled the internet today to see if I could save some money.
The Alliance & Leicester offer no charges if your paying in less than £1000 per month cash.
Although they do not have a switch card with this account, I am waiting for them to send me details in the post.
Anyone have any comments.
John  Roll Eyes
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 19 January 2004
Hi John

I did this excercise years ago (perhaps I should look into it again)

The way around charges I found was to take out a managed account (this was a good few years ago) with the TSB Bank. The balance of that particular current account accrued interest which offset any bank charges.... still does.

Hope this helps

Regards
Derek    
Posted by paul_moss (paul_moss), 19 January 2004
John
The abbey are now doing business banking with no charges what so ever.

Paul
Posted by nick_warrenevans (nick_warrenevans), 19 January 2004
How about this for charges

I have been with barclays for more years than i can remember, both personal and business. January of last year i went in to see my business bank manager, who is also a friend, to discuss future plans and overdraft facilities.
all sorted wthout a problem ( i thought) until i got a letter of confirmation from my friend and a £85.00 charge for his meeting.  Angry Which was not even a hour long.

think i should start looking else where Embarassed

Nick
Posted by petra (petra), 19 January 2004
the only thing that worries me about shopping around is my bank have help me out of tight situations before, and I know I can rely on them.
Petra
Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 19 January 2004
Just done some cleaning for an ex manager at barclays and he told me to set up current account in own name and use it for cheques etc. Just pay into business acc. then transfer across once a month to pay direct debits, standing orders etc. Dont know how you stand with tax man on this , but i cant see a problem as long as you keep the new acc. only for business usage. Any guidance on this before i commit would be appreciated.

P.S. i am a Barclays customer already paying approx. £40/month charges.
Posted by carpet_bright (carpet_bright), 19 January 2004
I have a treasurers account with Halifax, no charges and easy to apply  Grin
I have no card with this account, just a book but I transfer whatever I need to my main bank account

Paul
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 20 January 2004
Definition of a Bank :-

A bank is an institution that will loan you an umbraella when the sun shines and ask for it back as soon as it starts to rain.

They are all tarred with the same brush, NOT there to help you, but to screw you for every penny they can.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.