Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Good Window Cleaning Software
Posted by Craguss (Craguss), 12 March 2004
Does anybody know of, or use any good window cleaning software to keep up-to date with accounts and stuff!

Craguss
Posted by riz (riz), 12 March 2004
yep,

www.georgesystems.co.uk i think, or just search georg the window cleaning assisstant

riz

Posted by Craguss (Craguss), 12 March 2004
I have tried that one, maybe i should have said!  Huh
Its called George Window cleaner's assistant and it's ok but not quite what i'm looking for, it's a bit complicated.

Or maybe i'm no good on computers.
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 12 March 2004
Its not difficult my friend and it costs you £50 if you want an accountancy software package your looking 300 and over.George is the best window cleaning software you could buy  
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 12 March 2004
There is also Roundpro , www.roundpro.co.uk

Looks good, but somewhat pricey.

Philip
Posted by Steve_Richardson (Steve_Richardson), 12 March 2004
How about good old excel? Anyone know of (or have bashed together) a spreadsheet that may do and save the £50+ on George?

Steve
Posted by Neil (wylie), 12 March 2004
I started out using a book, then went onto Excel and now use George.
NO WAY would I ever change!!
George software is perfect for running a small window cleaning business coz it has been designed specifically for that purpose by people who know the job.
If you go to the site and download the FREE trial and spend a bit of time to get to know the software I promise you will not be disappointed.
It has been the best investment I have made since starting up.
I also use pocket George and reckon I have easily had my money back in the time it saves me.
No more time spent every night updating the books just plug it in and its done in 30 seconds.

Smiley
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 12 March 2004
There is also:-
http://www.shinesoftware.net/
http://www.insightdirect.com/window.php

I use george, can't beat it for the price!
Posted by Wishy-Washy_window (Mikey Y), 14 March 2004
I use George, great software, had mine since end of 2001 and was pleased with it then, but there has been many updates which have made it even better, and back up is second to none, always help at hand and promt with replies. Give it a go. Wink

Mike
Spain
Posted by Steve_Richardson (Steve_Richardson), 14 March 2004
I've downoaded the demo and taken a look, pretty comprehensive!

At the moment I am trying to scrape together for a roof rack (no-one seems to sell one for a Peugeot 306 5 door hatch 93!), apart from Halfords and that's nearly £90!

But when I have started and saved a bit I think I will definatley use the s/w.

Shame they don't have a "pocket" version for the Palm OS....Sad

Cheers
Steve
Posted by Neil (wylie), 14 March 2004
on 03/14/04 at 11:38:51, Steve_Richardson wrote:
Shame they don't have a "pocket" version for the Palm OS....Sad

Cheers
Steve

If you mean shame there is no pocket George
There is and its great!
And it runs on the palm O/S
I use it on a Palm Zire Smiley

Posted by Steve_Richardson (Steve_Richardson), 14 March 2004
Quote:
And it runs on the palm O/S  

...wahey! I will see if they have a demo of that too and if it works on my T665C...now I just need a waterproof case for it as I can imagine it wouldn't be very happy if I dropped it in my bucket!

Cheers  Grin
Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.