Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Unger "MicroWipe"
Posted by steve-mark (steve-mark), 11 August 2003
Smiley Can anyone tell me what the new Unger "MicroWipe is like, and is it better than the scrim ?

Thanks
Steve ( A1 Power-Kleen Taunton) Smiley
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 12 August 2003
not the best person to answer this cause i hate scrim never got it to work no matter what i did.
micro fibre cloths seem good and i have used it a few times. use a light spray of water on it and it cleans most stuff of glass. pretty good for anywhere you cant use a lot of water.
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 17 September 2003
Wink it has its uses,not bad but will not replace the scrim!
it still leaves marks on glass,
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 17 September 2003
I have used them for a while but i would not buy any more as i prefer scrim.

Steve Lowe
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 17 September 2003
Winkwwell as steve just said it one!they are not cheap to
buy,I think they are an american thing,after all you ask an american about a scrim,and he will probably give you a joint!
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 17 September 2003
Practice your technique so that you only need your scrim, microwipe or blue towel to touch up the edges. Only clean windows that can't be squeegee'd with a cloth.  Make sure your solution isn't too strong, enough to give glide but don't be Bubble Man Cool use a good rubber and fairly light pressure.
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 18 September 2003
Wink going back to the scrim! there is an art to having a scrim just right! cant to wet,cant be to dry,so how do you know,  years of cleaning windows mates! : Huh Wink
Posted by wazzastud (wazzastud), 19 September 2003
Yeah i agree with Mr Burrows, the yanks do have a different understanding, whilst i was in a bar in downtown Miami having a drink with some of the locals i got my ciggies out and asked in a loud voice weather anyone would like a fag, it whent awfully quiet and i got some strange looks  Grin

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.