Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Re: Whistle from my Tool Drives ME MAD!
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 5 February 2004
Chris,

Unfortunately the whistle, caused by air being drawn in through the two slots at the back, cannot be avoided except by switching off the machine whilst not in use (I have a remote control)

So learn to live with it, or better still sell me the tool for a fiver.

John.

Posted by Robert_O (Robert_O), 5 February 2004
Hi Chris

What sort of hose are you using with the machine?

I used to be plagued with this awful screeching whistle when I used the black flexible concertenering hose.

when solution was being passed through the pipes it was fine, but when dry it was ear splitting.

Just a thought, try changing to a different pipe hosing.

If that fails then you could try changing the resinating frequency by slightly inhibiting the airflow.

If you think about it when you use your 2 fingers to whistle, the air flow from your mouth has to be an exact pressure in relation to the aperture of your fingers to make the resonating pitch sound. Like wise with the tool and the pipes, change or resrtict the airflow and bingo no whistle.

That is in theory, try putting it to the test and let us know if this load of bunkum works.

If all else fails you can allways resort to getting pretty earmuffs Kiss Shocked

Regards

Robert Olifent Grin Cheesy
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 6 February 2004
try putting a strip of cloth inside the vac hose where it joins to the vac hose of the tool.

4 inch long by 1 inch wide.

Lee G
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 6 February 2004
wear a dvd player when you work and turn up the volume

IVAR Tongue Tongue
Posted by Robert_O (Robert_O), 6 February 2004

Forget the advice Chris, i'll offer a tenner!!! Wink Grin

You are out bidded John!!! Cheesy Grin

Regards

Robert Olifent

Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 7 February 2004
I also have a remote control........ its the old boy that works with me Grin

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.