Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Do suppliers actually use the equipment they sell
Posted by ajwindows (ajwindows), 24 July 2003
I bought a new Unger washer frame the other day which for a peice of plastic wasnt cheap. More irritating than that though is every time you take it out of the bucket the handle collects a small amount of water which runs down your arm when you start to use it.  Angry Surely it wouldnt take much effort to put a hole in the base so the excess water actually fed into the sleeve from the inside. This would also save plastic which could be reflected in the price!!
Maybe I should patent the idea if no-one else has thought of it already Grin

Posted by GVS (GVS), 25 July 2003
NO I DONT THINK THEY DO
HALF OF THEM CANT TELL BETWEEN A HARD AND A SOFT RUBBER
Posted by Glazeguard (Glazeguard), 26 July 2003
so how do you tell the difference between a hard and a soft rubber and does it really make any differnce Huh
Posted by dave_ball (dave_ball), 6 August 2003
Come on then GVS how do you tell the difference Huh
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 6 August 2003
i only use soft rubber and i cant use anything else nowdays. bought a vice versa and tried it with the standards hard unger rubber found it horrible and sticky
Posted by Polepro (Polepro), 18 August 2003
Ott's washer T bar has a hole at the end inside the handle, perhaps the guy who designed it got a wet arm too some time in his life maybe when he was a window cleaner.
Posted by krob (krob), 20 August 2003
Cool I think some of them do as you can get good advise sometimes - the idea of the drain hole is good but not patentable

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.