Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Rippling
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 24 March 2004
Customer phone today two hours after I cleaned her lounge and separate dining area advising the lounge area has rippling, 100% wool imitation sea grass design not jute. Has anyone come across this problem Huh Huh same carpet in dinning area no rippling.

Len

Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 24 March 2004
Hi Len,
Yes, Ive had it happen - flattened out,with no further problems on drying.
Dave.
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 24 March 2004
Had the same problem a few times, looks very worying Shocked
but always settles back into shape Grin
John Milnes
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 24 March 2004
Len,

Click on this link

http://www.carpetinspector.com/after.htm

Scroll down the page a little and you should see a picture of a rippled carpet. Does yours look like this - If so do not panic it will return to normal.

Is it possible that the other room was not wet as much or that you used less heat in that room.

Keep on smiling

Nigel
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 24 March 2004
Len

Invariably, as others have already stated, the problem should disappear upon complete drying.

Occasionally there can be a problem though. The most common is with woven construction carpets, particularly wiltons. If the fitting is defective somewhere e.g under a radiator (quite common) then the carpet will shrink in one direction causing the carpet to ripple. Easily rectified after about a week, with a repair to the faulty fitting and a re-stretch.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 24 March 2004
Nigel

By the disruption the customer gave I would say yes it’s the third pic down but mine would have look cleaner when I left, will call the customer tomorrow late afternoon, hoping that it flattened out, then as Ken advised give it week and if need and rectify the problem faulty fitting and restricting.

This has only happened once before but never on a pure wool carpet, and then panic set in.

Ken it’s not a Wilton should have advised in my posting sorry.

Many thanks Lads for the info

Len

Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 29 March 2004
Update

Contacted the customer again today every things ok.

Once again thanks

Len

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.