Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Starting Again....
Posted by Steve_Richardson (Steve_Richardson), 11 March 2004
Hi all,

Just though I'd start a topic just to say hi! So...hi  Grin

I started to WC part time about 8 years ago, did the first few months along with my wife at the beginning and then did a couple of years on my own. Then my situation changed and I went full time, working at an IT distributor in Telford.

After 6 year's my life has changed again and I going to get back into window cleaning. I also work with a friend doing a few days every other week on wooden floors (sanding and sealing) and am basically looking to boost my income a tad with a couple of days window cleaning. Fortunately a friend of mine has a WC round that he isn't able to cover due to his carpet cleaning business so I will be able to work with him for a while to get myself built up and going again. The beauty of knowing so many WC's!!

I enjoyed it last time around and am looking forward to putting some of the tips to use that I have read on this great forum. Not sure I can afford to get into the pole system, even though it looks great!

Just a bit wary of getting up a ladder again in my old age...(I am only 27!)

Keep up the tips and hints.
Cheers
Steve Smiley
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 11 March 2004
And Hi to you, Steve.

Welcome back to the land of ladders!

Just a bit wary of getting up a ladder again in my old age...(I am only 27!)
Don't worry, it's easy, just like falling off a log - Ooops, maybe that's the wrong phrase - sorry Wink Sounds like you're in the right frame of mind for making a good go of it, mate. Get stuck in and don't look back.

You've told us a bit about yourself already, but remember to fill in your profile and signature, won't you?

Once you get back into it and remember what you used to do, I'm sure you'll be posting up hints and tips yourself.

All the best - go for it!

Davie

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.