Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Venue: Herts,Beds Bucks London Area meeting!
Posted by woodman (woodman), 2 February 2004
Hi Guys

Great News

The Venue for the get together has been agreed and will be held at :

A & M Cleaning Supplies of Watford on Thursday April 8th
from 10:30 onwards.

We are very lucky as this one of the most renowned outfits in the industry with knowledge and back up that is second to none.

Alan McKane and his family are very well respected through out (as Derek Bolton would agree I am sure).

A & M are prochem distributors and all machines will be available for inspection on the day along with the One Step system so you can pick all the info you need.

An exciting development has also emerged as there has been a lot of talk on here about the Cross American Recoil System. A & M has just been given the UK distribution rights (something that Ed Valentine would not do if they did not have complete confidence in their ability to deliver) for the system and the machines will also be available to inspect on the day.

On top of that we are very lucky as Nigel W has agreed to attend as he has been trialing one of the systems in conjunction with A & M so a demo will be available.

All of this is very exciting and will be invaluable especially if you are a new starter or thinking of starting.

A jolly good chin wag by all and lots of new ideas will be the order of the day.

It's over to you we need as many as possible to attend so once again I will require the numbers attending.

Woodman

Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 2 February 2004
First choice of date is 8th April Wink but will make any date set.
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 2 February 2004
Woodman,

Can't clear any dates in March, but only one booking so far for 8th April - will postpone this if need be to attend.

Hopefully by that date may be able to pick up a Recall 3 whilst there.

Thanks for putting in your time on this.

John.

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 2 February 2004
Hi Woody

Is this going to be an all day event, just an afternoon or evening?

I was wondering whether it was worth my while getting my safari pack out and making the trip into the concrete jungle of London....Watford is classified as London isn't it...or have I offended someone yet again? Grin

Cheers
Derek
Posted by woodman (woodman), 2 February 2004
Hi John

I think April 8th will be the best bet so I will confirm this with Alan at A&M. Crossfire will be there Wink

Derek,
Yes, Watford is considered to be part of London nowdays I don't think anyone would be offended by that Grin

The times will be 10.30 - 2.30/3.00pm but very informal I have no doubt most of us will be around for at least a few hours.

I didn't realise you were in Wigston, you must pop down Tigers Road and have a look around. Wink

Hi Woody

When you come up to 'the promised land' let me know and I will meet up with you for a chat

Cheers
Derek
Thanks Woodman,

I have postponed booking for 8 th April so will be there.

It has been may years since I met a group of CC's, so should be of great interest.

I spoke to Robert today & Pre-ordered the machine so will be looking to Nigel for the insider info.

John.
Hi John

I spoke to Allan McCane today and he tells me that he already has a lot of orders for  the Recoil machines.. seems to me that they are going to be the flavour of the month.

I will be interested to hear what Nigel has to say when he has finished the 'road test'

Cheers
Derek
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 2 February 2004
April 8th @10.30 it is Grin
Look forward to putting names to faces and checking out Recoil 3 Shocked
Hi Derek,

Yes, based on spec this is an impressive bit of kit - will be the first HWE machine I have bought (except to get the case for an own-build) in all my years in the business. Perhaps I'm getting lazy/uninspired in my doteage  Roll Eyes Cry

John.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 2 February 2004
Grin
Hi Woodman

Put my name down

Don’t worry Derek being a Londoner I never take offence, just bring you Passport.

Len

Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 2 February 2004
April 8 sounds good to me havent been to watford in years, think I can still remember where it is. Do A & M do the spraymaster pre spayer, might get one while I'm there.
Posted by woodman (woodman), 3 February 2004
Hi Dave

You will be able to pick your sprayer on the day. Wink

I will, when we know how many are attending send instructions on how to find them.
Posted by Ed_Valentine (Ed Valentine), 3 February 2004
First, i want to sincerely thank all the gentlemen above for their kind remarks in regards to the McKane family and their business.

I would have to throughly agree that it was extremely important to me personally, to have such a wonderful and honorable family to handle our products. After 28 years of (our family) building custom equipment with that Old World quality, innovation,  and performance, it would only be proper to have another hard working family owned business ( The McKanes)  who deeply cares about their reputation and concentrates on "one person" at a time, represent it.

I have had the terrific opportunity of speaking many times with Robert and my feeling is that he is more like a son than a customer! A very neat young man who really knows innovation and this industry.

Wishing all of you across the pond the very, very best.

Good Fortune to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 3 February 2004
Has anyone worked out a price yet for the recoil 3?
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 3 February 2004
Hopefully, by the time of the meeting, we will know the price of Recoil3 in proper money (STERLING) Roll Eyes
Posted by woodman (woodman), 5 February 2004
Hi Guys

Recoils will be in place and priced for UK market. Wink
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 5 February 2004
This will sound dumb......but where in Watford is A&M. Roll Eyes
Sorry but i try to stay south of the river..........less chance of crashing into black cabs Tongue
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 5 February 2004
Hey Mr Valentine

Will you be coming over for the day on the 8th April? Wink  Grin  You'll have to make an early start...

Kind regards
Derek
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 5 February 2004
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=europe&=&lang=&width=700&client=europe&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=WD250HB&db=ap&cname=Great+Britain&height=400&SUBMIT=Find
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 5 February 2004
Changed my mind, will now require 2 places. Bringing another rug sucker with me.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 5 February 2004
Grin
Hi Chris

It’s near the dead centre (the cemetery) joke!

Len

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.