Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

2nd job ??

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 23 December 2003
Hi

Just wondering how many of you chaps have second jobs in a differnet industry.

How do you find balancing the two?

I am looking to keep in my current job until the spring , thourght i would ride out the quiet period Jan Feb and go full time when i am quite experianced, if things keep going as they are though i may do it earlier.
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 23 December 2003
Used to do TV/Film extra work during quite spells as it was easy to fit into short notice slots and it made a TOTAL difference. (keep your eyes out for me in The Bill, Eastenders, 2 Bond films etc  Cool)
Cannot do it now as booked every day but do miss the buzz Cry Pal of mine is still doing Carpet cleaning and can be seen on Eastenders regularly (Lester Adams, as seen in the new Iceland advert)
Good luck with it AlexDH Wink
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 24 December 2003
Hey Chris

I know another Cleaner up in the Blackpool area who also doubles as a TV extra...Phil Henry can often be seen in the Rovers Return (Coronation Street) also he featured in 'The Doctors'... just shows that we carpet cleaners must be a good looking lot!  Roll Eyes

You ought to post a picture so that we can all look out for you

Have a nice Christmas
Derek
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 24 December 2003
Uptill a few years ago I worked weekends as a lorry driver, I did it more for fun than for the money.

The driving I did was for pigeon racers Roll Eyes I carried 1000's & 1000's of racing pigeons across into France and then set them free. on the way back I made more money filling the empty wagon full of cheap booze Grin Grin

Mike

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.