Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

SMEARS ON GLASS/WINDOWS

Posted by SAMBANG (SAMBANG), 19 August 2003
Hi everyone,

I am having trouble removing smears off glass/windows!!  I use glass cleaner, but it doesn't always work well.

Any tips?

Cheers,

Sam
Posted by Clean_Waterless (Clean_Waterless), 20 August 2003
Hi Sam

We have a product which dosnt leave smears on glass. It is part of our Waterless Car Cleaning range. email me for more info on gary@waterlesscarcleaning.com

I look forward to hearing from you

Gary
Posted by Steve_Simmonds (Steve_Simmonds), 20 August 2003
try a bit of vinegar in the water - it's an old trick but it works Grin
Posted by Derek (Derek), 20 August 2003
Someone once told me that a bit of methylated spirits in the water works... My windows are now smear free.

Happy shining

Derek
Posted by SAMBANG (SAMBANG), 20 August 2003
Thanks for the tips guys!!

Hopefully, my customers will be most impressed!!

Cheers,

Sam
Posted by samy31 (samy31), 22 August 2003
Washing up liquid does the job for cleaning them use a cotton cloth to get most of the water off the window then get a old news paper and finish them off with that and the job is a gooden try it sam
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 18 September 2003
Try using glass gleam 4. If you go to www.wintecs.co.uk you can buy a sample for £1.00, and they don't charge postage. I swear by it, and so do my customers!!
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 19 September 2003
Buy yourself some scrim and just use it slightly damp and then use a dry scrim to buff up Cheesy

Hope this helps!

Steve Lowe
Posted by BeeClean (BeeClean), 19 September 2003
Can somone tell me what exactly they use scrim for  is it used mainly dry for polishing once you have sqeegeed the window Huh What difference does it make being washed or not Huh
Well i personally use my scrim dry as a polishing cloth and use a leather first but different people use them differently. Some people use them slightly damp on their own. Its all down to personal preference really. Cheesy

Steve Lowe
Sorry forgot to say that washing or boiling a scrim generally softens it up a bit and gets rid of a bit of the lint they have when new. Cheesy

Steve Lowe
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 19 September 2003
Wink not forgetting you can buy the prewashed ones! Wink
they cost a bit more but I think they are worth it! Smiley
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 20 September 2003
I use a good quality microfiber cloth after squigee, there not only good for windows but many other cleaning tasks like van windows (inside) computer screens etc. Wink
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 21 September 2003
Do you find them as good because i found them difficult to get used to Huh

Steve Lowe

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.