Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

van sign written!!

Posted by stevey331 (stevey331), 29 March 2004
hiya ive just brought a  p reg berlingo van in dark blue and am thinking about getting it signed written!! and would like to know roughly who much it would cost to be do and dose it pay for it to be sign written Undecided am new this game so anyhelp would be greatfully: any comment daviewavie Grin
Posted by fez (fez), 29 March 2004
Check around for the best price in your area, but I went to Signarama http://www.signarama.com/, they're a national company and mine cost £40 per side. It looks very professional as well. I'm very pleased with the results as it has helped me pick up a few new customers.
Posted by fez (fez), 29 March 2004
Oh! I forgot to say, if you've got a dark blue van, check out silver as a colour for your writing, it looks really good against a blue background. I've been looking for a dark blue van for that very reason. Wink
hi fez thanks m8 will look into  that silver sound good to me was thinking about white but i think i might go with silver
again thanks m8 ; Wink
Posted by seanc (seanc), 29 March 2004
if you go to a good company they will spend time with you a create some looks for you to choose the best it doesn’t matter what work you are doing sign written vans are good there’s a company in Andover who’s slogan is "a business with no sign is a sign of no business"
where are you based ?
sheffield
Posted by allseasons (allseasons), 29 March 2004
on 03/29/04 at 11:38:58, seanc wrote:
if you go to a good company they will spend time with you a create some looks for you to choose the best it doesn’t matter what work you are doing sign written vans are good there’s a company in Andover who’s slogan is "a business with no sign is a sign of no business"
where are you based ?

thats who i used  Grin Cheesy

Posted by adl (dave555), 29 March 2004
all good sign writers will have a template of your van on computer disc, they can give you a few designs to scale to show you the finished product on your monitor
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 29 March 2004
any comment daviewavie  

Sorry mate, I'm Mr White Van Man these days.

My first van had a fantastic paint job - white to start with, light grey, dark grey then black at the back, stripes all sloping backwards, red coachlines where the colours met, company name in big red letters on the white front doors. Stood out like a sore thumb but we were getting calls from all over and turned away more than we took on.

But I'd say go for it - it's free advertising space - get your name and phone number and website if you have one on the side and back.

Post up a photo when it's done, if you can!
Posted by seanc (seanc), 29 March 2004
michael
were you happy with andys work then
there is also B P Rolls in andover they are both good in my humble opinion  Grin Grin
Posted by simonb (simonb), 30 March 2004
Don't forget your insurance will go up because without signwriting its a private vehicle with business use but with a sign it's a commercial vehicle.
Posted by simonb (simonb), 30 March 2004
Also U won't be able to do subbie work coz main contractors prefer no signwriting

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.