Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

solution flow control

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 5 December 2003
Hi
Do you chaps think putting flow valve in line with my solution hose will do any harm on my spotting machine.
I hope to have a little more  control over the flow rate, so if i think i am overwetting i can turn it down a bit.

All the best

Alex

Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 5 December 2003
You could do that Alex, maybe a small pinch clamp on the solution hose would be the cheapest route to take. Or maybe even a smaller fan jet.

But let's look at your perceived problem from another direction. The water delivery on a small spotting machine is quite low. If being used as intended, you will be flushing out mucho contaminants from a carpet. If the carpet is too wet, is it because you have over wet it, or under dried it? There are many of us who would argue the latter.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 5 December 2003
Cheers Ken I see your point. A little embarressed Embarassed but glad i asked, i think i might try it out as i have an old stop cock type copper bit that found from somewhere, ill post back to let you how i get on.

Many thanks

Alex

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 5 December 2003
Alex

You wont over wet with that machine.

Its only a 50 psi pump.

Just do more dry passes etc etc.

Remember as ken said, you need a bit of flow to "flush" out what ver spotter you have used.  Especially something like Stain Pro.

Whil;e we are on the subject of flow etc.

Ken

Ona  2 jet ss wand what jet size would you rcommend  for a 135 psi pump?

My jets seem very fine and there doesnt seem to be  alot of flushing action.

Thanks

Mark

Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 5 December 2003
Mark

Have you cleaned the filters behind the jetsHuh
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 5 December 2003
Hi

Yes had a look there,
Its a new wand,

Maybe it just me more used to more flow.

Ta

Mark

What number jet is recomended?
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 5 December 2003
2 X 03s on a typical wand
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 5 December 2003
Mark most portable wands come with 11015 jets fitted so the water is 'atomised' I don't think this is anough to flush out the dirt.

the usually say the jets should add up to six so a 2 jet wand would have 2x3 jets , a 3jet wand would have 3x02 jets.

in my Bane wand I have 3x no3 jets.

I think they fit small jets in portable wands because otherwise the tank empties too quick Wink

Mike
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 6 December 2003
I am sure youre right.

I may be wrong but i am sure the last number on the jets is a  1  !!!

I t does atomise which is gereat for drting times but doesnt flush out the dirt.

Sometimes I find my self getting out the hand tool if theere is a spot that doesnt come clean.

Cheers

Mark
Just a thought!!!

The wand I am using at the moment is a "loan" wand from a company.  They wouldnt have given me a wand which is jetted for a t/m by mistake would they?

It would take the pressure of a t/m because there are no plastic parts all the tubing etc is metal
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 6 December 2003
truckmount wands are 2 inch. portables 1.5. You would'nt get them mixed up.

Mike
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 6 December 2003
Oh yeah

Pratt I am
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 7 December 2003
Blazer t/m's are 1.5"

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.