Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Pure Water Systems for domestic/small business use

Posted by woodman (woodman), 4 August 2003
I am interested in the use of the above system in domestic situations.
Do many cleaners out there use telescopic poles to clean domestic windows,conservatory's,shops etc  or is it only of use in larger commercial cleaning?would the purchase costs not make it worth while?.Also is training available with purchase.
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 4 August 2003
Hi
When you say you are interested in the system for domestic use etc, do you mean you just want to use a system for your own windows or do you mean you would want want to clean other peoples domestic windows? (in other words are you actually a window cleaner yourself?)
Training is available on the larger systems but for the smaller ones they are very easy to use as you just attach them to a tap.
Posted by woodman (woodman), 5 August 2003
Hi Mike

No, not for personal use for business, considering a bolt on to my existing business mainly carrying out cleaning to conservatory's as I get alot of enquiries regarding this. so extendible poles are a must.(safety and all)

So just wondering if there is a smaller pure water system for this type of operation that is in general use.
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 5 August 2003
Hi
Even the smallest 'residential' system can be used for this type of Job. A complete 12ft kit (which will get you to 20' high) includes the pole, brush, hoses and single resin cartridge and simply plugs onto an outside tap, costs £99 plus vat. Depending on the size of conservatory, how dirty it is and how hard the water is in your area, you can expect to clean 2 - 3 conservatories before you need to replace the cartridge (£24.50 each). Providing you can work this cost into the job then this is all you need to get started!
As you do more work you can upgrade the system and continue to use the 12' pole but with a system that can produce more water at a lower cost.  

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.