Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

van insurance recommendations?

Posted by carpet_bright (carpet_bright), 1 January 2004
Can anyone recommend a reasonable van insurance company, I would be very interested to know if there are any good deals out there and if any include full contents insurance for my equipment in transit.

Yours hopefully

Paul
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 1 January 2004
Hi,
Try Gladiator insurance but please dont do what i did two years ago went with the cheapest quote several months later had my van stolen outside the job i was working almost all my kit inside!! i  got paid out on some of it but not all as i did not give the insurance company serial numbers of machinery to them when taking out the insurance the case went to court and i lost and had to pay costs,so when taking out insurance insist that they take all makes and model numbers even if the company say not necessary,in the unlikely event you have to claim the insurance company will do their upmost to avoiod paying any claims out.
catrodney.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 2 January 2004
Hi

In answer to your initial question...try McGregor Lloyd on Tel: 0121 7060616

As a matter of course I always lock my vehicle at any point I leave it...it soon becomes a habit.

It is so easy to forget to do this and I know of many cleaners who have had small pieces of kit stolen in the few seconds it takes to move stuff from the vehicle into a house. A second point to consider is that if a child takes a chemical from the vehicle whilst unattended, the implications are frightening.

Most new vehicles are fitted with immobilisers these days but I always have an audible alarm fitted as well. The additional cost, I consider, is well worth it

New Years Resolution folks....ALWAYS LOCK UP YOUIR VEHICLE!

Reagards
Derek
Posted by woodman (woodman), 2 January 2004

And also Derek always on petrol forecourts  when you go to pay as a mate of mine found to his expense as the insurance would not pay out as he had left it unlocked Embarassed
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 3 January 2004
Hi Woodman

I did say 'whenever you leave your vehicle' and my practice is always to do the same when filling up with fuel....a good point that may have been missed.

Here in sunny Leicester we have had cars stolen at forecourts when keys have been left inside whilst the driver is paying the bill.

Regards
Derek
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 3 January 2004
As a slight aside, what about using a t/m with a van with central locking ? Do you lock the rest of the van and if so how? Presumably you have to go round each lock individually and lock them using the key, or can you frig sorry modify the doors to give access for the hoses? I ask because on my Hiace the central locking will not lock if a door is open.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 4 January 2004
Hi

Although not a truck mount owner I have seen vans where hose access has been through the floor of the van which enables the van to be totally secured... maybe TM operators could expand on this.

Wouldn't it be advantagous for a tracker system to be fitted to the vehicle?

Cheers
Derek
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 4 January 2004
Hi,
Derek I like your style always one step ahead !!!!excuse the punn.
After having my van stolen on getting a new van it came with a factory fitted immobiliser,so then i got an alarm fitted as required by my insurance company,and also had a tracker fitted,which also helps to keep premiums down or so i thought until i got this years renewal notice anyway iam looking forward to the day when somebody trys to steal this van.The only downside is that you have to display stickers that your vehicles has all these gizmos fitted,why do people spoil all our  fun.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 4 January 2004
Hi

I am surprised ...when I had my tracker fitted to my vehicle the whole point,as explained to me, of it was that no labels appeared as a warning to potential thieves.

Even I haven't a clue where it is located

Cheers
Derek
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 6 January 2004
Hi
This is the best ,i also have cctv operating in my garden and i have to advertise the fact by placing signs on the boundary fence stating that i have the system in use and i also have to display my contact details on the signage, I was advised by the installation company that this is now the Law !!!!!!!!!

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.