Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Using One Step

Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 6 February 2004
4 x 5 litres arrived today. I notice that the instructions seem vague about dilution rates. Am I correct to assume that 16 to 1 for a pre spray and similar for extraction is about right on fairly heavily soiled tiles in the reception of an office building?  Smiley
Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 6 February 2004
Hi
  I dilute at  1-16 as a pre-spray in my hand-held sprayer, apply to area, agitate, then extract with plain hot water in my machine.

rob-s
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 7 February 2004
Hi Happy

A good pre vacuum then a light pre spray... ooodles of agitation followed by a plain water rinse should do the trick.

Derek
Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 7 February 2004
Thanks Derek, will just a light pre spray suffice along with a hot water extraction? We use a Truvox 'pull along' type of machine.
The agitation is the 'key'

Stick with it

Derek
Ah, agitation....Mrs Eater says I'm bleedin great at that  Cool
Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 7 February 2004
Last week i used one step for the first time and was delighted with the results.As recomended i vacuumed,pre-sprayed (at 5-1 which it would seem is on the strong side) agitated well using pile brush and then used the comanche with warm water.The customer was more than pleased so needless to say i'll be using micro-splitters again in the future. Grin

Paul
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 7 February 2004
Paul,

Try a dilution rate of 1:15 (One-step),  or 1:16 (Solution)I think you will be surprised.

John.
Hey Happy

That's agravation.... bet she loves you!  Wink  Grin

Derek
Yeah Derek, anything for money, eh?  Undecided Wink Smiley

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.