Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

help with A frame ladders

Posted by nige (nige), 26 October 2003
going to buy my first ever A frame ladder have read all previous comments but please can u answer these questions to make my mind up
1.are A frame ladders safer than normal ladders
2.would you recomend A frame
3.do you put the pointer onto window sils normally
4.is it true that u put the pointer onto the seporater bits on the window so u would be above the window sill(this i cant believe but would help alot on higher on awkward windows and would reduce the angle needed to clean them)
i will get from ladders 999 as u did and titan
hope u can help as my ladder is 13 yrs old now
thanx alot Wink
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 26 October 2003
Hi Nige,
          I have been cleaning windows for the last 18 years and would not be without A frame ladders as they are without  a doubt safer for window cleaning. The point goes on the frame above the sill so you are able to have the other hand on your ladder and they are also safer on uneven ground.

Steve Lowe
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 26 October 2003
Where`s the best place to get these ladders and how much for a set about 3.5m? I believe they have round rungs and this can be painful on the feet after a full day,is this true? Also, on the point is there something to protect  the window and can these be replaced or isn`t  this necessary? Cheers, Gerry.
Hi Gerry,
            Try www.ladders999.co.uk and you will get all the info you need. Wink

Steve
Thanks Steve,  just had a look and like the look of them. I looked at ladder accessories as well and saw replacement feet and bungs but not the white rubber block.Is it just that they last forever and don`t need replacing ? How have you ever had to change yours?     Gerry.
Hi Gerry,
            Yes you can get the rubber tops but to get it into perspective,I had my first A frame for 15 years and i never needed to replace the top. I would still have it now if i had not like a fool put the ladder at two much of an angle and split the wood Cry

Steve
15 years!!! Sounds as though they`re worth every penny. Thanks again CleanItUp God. Amen.     Gerry.                        
Posted by Service_Champion (Service_Champion), 26 October 2003
Has anyone tried the A frame ladders made by Ramsay Ladders?
thanx for replies
do u put the pointer anywhere on the window frames sides or middle or on the sill is that safe
Hi Nige,
          You can put it pretty much anywhere on the frame but not on the sill.

Steve
hi steve
why not on the sill i thought thats where the pointer went although i did think theres not much to hold onto when your up there . also can u be any angle to the frame rather than normal
thanx
Hi Nige,
          You would not put it on the sill because where it tapers in you would not get both feet near the top. You can put the ladder at virtually any angle.

Steve
thanx i never thought of that after using normal ladders for 13 yrs i would never have realised that .it will take some getting used to i think but its you lot thats convinced me. cheers Smiley

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.