Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Christmas Period Bookings,Up or Down ?

Posted by woodman (woodman), 25 November 2003
How are you bookings going this year in the lead up to Christmas?

I have been checking the previous two years at the same date as this and bookings are  up (almost fully booked now up to 23rd) in terms of value and number.

I thought it might be a bit slow as a result of the interest rise and the negative publicity put out by the press but luckily this is not the case.

Of course people can and will postpone or cancel altogether in the lead up in fact many get caught between having it done now before Christmas because the family's coming or waiting till after to clear up the mess/stains, vomit, cig burns  etc when the in-laws have gone,  Wink

All good fun eh.

Safe Cleaning

Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 25 November 2003
My first year so I'm up Grin - No, really I'm booked up for the next two week and I've only been setup a couple now I'm really happy with the response I'm getting.

If you get to busy Woody send them to me!!!!!

Alex
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 25 November 2003
The earliest appointment i have is 19th december quieter than last year but pound for pound making more money than last year after taking onboard alot of what has been said on this board.I would just like to thank one and all for the advice given you learn by your mistakes better late than never thanks again Grin
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 26 November 2003
I've got a couple of spaces next week and the following week is half booked, lots of spaces mid december.

It seams i get this every year. All the other carpet cleaners are saying there fully booked up to Xmas eve and I've got lots of spaces.

this just how I like it Grin I don't have to let down all my regular customers who ring me up and i get £200 - £250 a week of work passed on to me by other carpet cleaners.

Although i'd say I'm less busy because unlike other years I'm choosing to only booking in jobs for  5 1/2 days a a week.

Mike  
Posted by Kinver_Clean (Kinver_Clean), 26 November 2003
I have noticed in the last 2 or 3 years that the old pattern of work- quiet in Jan Feb, building up to July Quiet in August building up to a mad Nov Dec- has changed. This last Jan I did as much as a normal month. I am booked the usual amount , next ten days fairly solid and a good smattering right up to Christmas.

Trevor
Posted by woodman (woodman), 26 November 2003
Hi Steve

That is good news.

I hope that you have learnt from OUR mistakes because no matter what some might say we all make 'em Grin

Alex,,
Where are you located?

Mike,,

Yes, in the run I will only do half days if I can, although these will be largish type single customer jobs.
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 26 November 2003
I can fit in around ten average sized jobs before christmas  - which Im sure Iwill do. This year Im booked further ahead than the previous 5 years. I try to get booked out, but so much that I end up turning work away - up to now Ive already turned some jobs down purely because I knew I could spend my time on better jobs. Come January Ill take ALMOST anything.
Dave.
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 26 November 2003
Although this is my second xmass last year was only about my 6 month, so better than last year but not as busy as I had hoped (Wished). Booked all next week, but then just bits. Still plenty of time and will probably keep being booked a week to two in front.
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 27 November 2003
I have noticed more small jobs still all the same work is work

not booked up yet  but most of my customers call the last minute anyway

IVAR

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.