Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Who's fully booked now

Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 7 December 2003
it boils my blood the amount of calls I'm having to turn away because I'm fully booked especially from customers I did last year as my advert clearly stated book early to avoid disappointment.I had a call today can you clean my carpet & suite tomorrow when Isaid no I was fully booked the abuse was shocking.Friday went to one job where she had booked three carpet cleaners for 9am who ever turned up first got the job I was non too pleased as i was second in line when i explained she would have to pay a call out charge as i had turned work away she replied she was let down last year by someone and did not want the same thing happening again Angry
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 7 December 2003
I am turning work away but happy to say that most calls are from old clients who will wait for appointments.
Moved to new area last December so still building up local client base and they are the ones used to getting short notice jobs done. Not happy when i tell them no work can be done before xmas eve Shocked.
Never been called to house with other CC's for same appointment Angry and you are right to drop wasted call charge in their laps Wink
Chris
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 7 December 2003
Booked out to Christmas Eve. It is not easy to tell regular customers you cannot do anything for them until after Christmas, however most of them understand and some have already booked for the new year.
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 7 December 2003
I have over the years trained my customers that the normal six week waiting time is exceeded this time of year - most of the bookings between now and Christmas were made in September and January bookings were made in October. Since I do not advertise, even new customers are warned by their referee that they should expect a wait . Problem is that Christmas shopping is always a last-minute panic.

John.
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 8 December 2003
I can't wait to get into this situation, I was fully booked for 2 weeks, however, I've only a few jobs in for the week 18th Dec.

I'm in the cheshire area if you need a hand  Wink
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 8 December 2003
A little down in bookings this December

tell the truth kind of slow

My customers tend to call the last minute anyway

GOD JUL

IVAR
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 8 December 2003
Best way to be...........last minute bookings make client appreciate you more Shocked
More chance of a tip/drink when client is grateful you can help out at short notice Grin
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 8 December 2003
I'm booked up till xmas eve but I'm still booking jobs in using Portable timings,, so I've looked through my diary and have managed to scrape up some small spaces that I could fit a living room into.

I'm asking all callers if they have used our company before, if they arn't existing customers they don't get done and then I tell them that most of the good carpet cleaners will also be booked up, only the part-time cowboys will have any spaces.

If they are willing to wait untill the new year (Its only 3 weeks away I tell them) they will be able take advantage of our free staingard offer.

if they're existing customers I tell them that I've been saving some spaces for 'special customers'  Wink

Mike

Cheers Mike, I guess I'm a cowboy then.
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 8 December 2003
Is that spurs I hear clinking? Wink

I meant no offence Alex, this is just something I say to encourage them to book me for after xmas.

Mike

Ps I did say 'most' good carpet cleaners are booked up Smiley
I'm the good bad and ugly  Grin

Regards

Clint Eastwood
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 8 December 2003
Hi Alex

Now you are just being greedy....why can't you be just 'good'.... There again I suppose its not much fun being just good.

I am fully booked but when I had a few spots left to fill I told my potential customers that one particular spot was all I had left... works every time.

Incidentally Alex, I also tell callers that 'most reputable Company's will be fully booked at this time'....Sorry Undecided

Derek
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 8 December 2003
quite funny i am booked to do practice cleans around 8 houses of my mates.

Going to start telling them donations greatfully recieved. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 8 December 2003
Sadly just broke my foot on saturday.

Xray tommorrow  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 9 December 2003
Alex

Didn't someone tell you about the dinky little switch that turns on your machine...its located on the side near the little red/green/orange lights.

If all else fails you use the foot  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Derek
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 9 December 2003
Congrats Everybody.

Why does this industry slag of one another.
If you not fully booked youre no good.
If you not IIRC registered youre no good
If you have got a truck mount you are no good.
If you are not in NCCA you are no good
If you dop not offer a satisfaction      you are no good.
If you dont charge high prices you are no good.
#
I acept these are benifits to your product but it does not mean the other Guy is no good

Regards

Angry

Ian.

PS I am fully booked
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 9 December 2003
If you dont proof read before you send you must be good as you havent the time and are running late

Regards

Ian
Posted by aquaclean (aquaclean), 9 December 2003
Hi All
Nice to see there is some humour left as this topic shows, I started self employment to work for myself and to work hours to suit me, so I have now booked the next three weeks off, and shall enjoy the xmas period with pleasure. To all those who are fully booked, my sympathies and to all who are not, enjoy it while you can. Merry Christmas. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Keith  
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 9 December 2003
Me being fully booked has nothing to do with my ambitions but more to do with my wifes greed. Embarassed
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 9 December 2003
Chris

If ure fully booked how come u are posting at 2.27pm ??

and 3pm yesterday??

Now i wouldnt call that fully booked.  Huh Grin Grin Grin
he he just kidding

0600 start + £341 = fully booked and finished a hard day Grin
No wish to work in the afternoon.....I'm not greedy.
Plus it cost too much to have headlights fitted to van ... so i cannot come home in the dark Tongue
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 9 December 2003
Cheesy
More like a half day im out to do a shop at 5:30
that alone is £325.00.

Get my tea then im out.

Big up the cash.. Grin Cheesy Wink
After 7 hours cleanining upholstery Tongue I cannot be a*sed to go onto another job. Can barely stand up straight  Roll Eyes
Getting too old for this Cry
ps. Sitting in front of pc doing estimates and invoices still counts as work Wink
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 9 December 2003
Smiley GrinCool just checked tnt for t morrow
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 10 December 2003
I was woundering what that button was derek!! Cheers fella Grin
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 11 December 2003
I'm going to start charging a cancellation fee three jobs this week have waited till I have turned up to do the job then cancel two the decorators had not finished one the son bought her a new carpet but none had thought to ring me Angry
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 11 December 2003
Steve,

Legally you are entitled to charge the full amount !
( Discharge of contract - Specific performance)

However it is probably better, to include in your terms & conditions a cancellation fee if they fail to give, say, 48 hours notice.

Better still, take the longer view. by all means make them aware that it has an effect on your livelyhood so that they feel some guilt but be gratious about it - be the nice man that they let down but will be the one they call next time require a carpet cleaned.

John.
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 12 December 2003
Full untill second week Jan.
Dave.
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 12 December 2003
A few spaces till Feb 5th
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 14 December 2003
I knew you would be busy Glynn, and glad to hear it. How about your neighbour. You know who I mean - Big van, Big machine, Low price.
All the best.
Dave.
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 14 December 2003
not made any difference at all, but then again like yourself, I have been around for ever, in fact we were the first in the area and the type of clients that use our services would not entrust someone with those type pf low prices. Why on earth some people want to pay only £30 or so to have cleaned a carpet maybe costing upwards of a K or in a lot of cases several K is beyond me, so no Dave in a different league.

Regards

Glynn
Posted by Caesar (Caesar), 15 December 2003
Residentials are going into April as we speak...Well not right now...It is night here but come day time...Yes...
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 2 January 2004
Because of the way I book in people/ customers I have approx. 25% booked in for next Nov and Dec, not on direct debit but just a simple rebook and follow up call a month before.

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 2 January 2004
Is it sensible to say that things are not too bad at the moment for CC's.

I have been of the impression that jan - feb were the slow months ?

The reason i ask the same question again is as i am new would you say it's probably not a good time for me to be too critical on low calls from some marketing or is it that the ones i get a response from are performing well.

A tricky question really but your opinions are always welcomed my friends.

Alex
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 3 January 2004
Alex I don't think you can judge your marketing on the responce you get in Jan

I'm just about to send out a special offer postcard  to all my customers for bookings in January to bring in some extra work, although so far Jan is looking pretty good.

What you need are some really good marketing books to give you some Ideas,....... has anyone got any for sale?  Grin Grin

mike
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 4 January 2004
ill go to £50 quid im a tight bugger you know.

That awaken the giant has had a good thumbing , was that the lady wife Grin Grin

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.