Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

My van has broke down

Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 28 November 2003
The gear linkage has snapped on the van new shape transit dealer has not got the part but reckon they can get one for tomorrow. Cry Cry
Posted by Tony_Browning (Tony_Browning), 28 November 2003
You been doin to many donuts on the ice? Cheesy
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 29 November 2003
Is yours a front wheel or rear wheel drive Transit , Steve. People tell me that the new FWD is not as good as the older RWD vans. I have always found Transits great.

Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 30 November 2003
on 11/29/03 at 19:55:54, Fintan_Coll wrote:
Is yours a front wheel or rear wheel drive Transit , Steve. People tell me that the new FWD is not as good as the older RWD vans. I have always found Transits great.

Its the new shape this is the second gear linkage since august as well as a new gearbox but otherwise Ifind it alot better than the old shape transit

Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 30 November 2003
Steve, the new shape Transit is available in both front wheel or back wheel drive as you know. Owners tell me that they are a better van to drive than the old type body, but I had a Transit with 166,000 miles on the clock and never any gearbox trouble,( or any major trouble for that matter)

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.