Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Pure Water on Ebay

Posted by Bones (Mikey aka Bones), 9 February 2004
Here you are guy's bid on this no r/o unit though i think. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2378514056&category=11702

Mikey
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 9 February 2004
does anyone know about this system
Huh
what happens when the blue filter bit runs our ...do you just top it up with resin or do you have to get a new tank
if so how much does this cost
thanks....ARGGhhh.....all the questions Shocked
Posted by APS_PureWash_Sys (APS_PureWash_Sys), 9 February 2004
I would not put my name to that lot!! you have a couple of, poles residential a tank with no visible fixing  points
and a 35ltr vessel which will take 25ltr of mixed bed resin good luck

Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 9 February 2004
The poles are ionic residential. 8ft and 18ft. List price £ 113.90. The pump looks like a shureflo £70. Large column filter with resin (refillable) £134. Maybe others have seen these components cheaper  Huh

If you get it for less than the cost of these parts you've done well.

Check that the tank is baffled. Very important. Stops water sloshing around. Also make sure you have transit size van as will need payload of at least 600kg's. Also, is the column filter suppied full? If not, it will cost you for resin.

I think that supplying all the parts is the easy bit. Fitting the tank securely and wiring up the electrics safely seems a bit more technical. Is he offering to do that as well? Or is he just selling the bits?
Posted by APS_PureWash_Sys (APS_PureWash_Sys), 9 February 2004
steve
if he is offering to fit that as well, I may as well pack my bags and go
or are you having a laffHuh
Posted by Old_Master (Old_Master), 10 February 2004
If he is fitting it as well I am going to drop window cleaning prices to 1970s prices- £3.00 all round for a bay window double fronted detatched property. And cut my staffs wages to £40.00 a week!!

Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 10 February 2004
Sorry guys (APS & Old Master), I was being sarcastic  Wink

I think his reserve will be a LOT more than the current bid anyway. If he was flogging that lot for £200 I would be most surprised  Roll Eyes

Tank setup looks dodgy. Has he fitted a float valve? Fuse box? Looks like he's just cut a couple of holes and stuck some hozelock fittings in. Anyone could do that, even me  Grin Grin Grin
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 11 February 2004
Current bid £225

Auction ends 15.16 on Friday 13th - might be fun to watch!

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.