Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

to pay or not to pay

Posted by seanc (seanc), 28 January 2004
i am posting this for a frend,
he has just started a valeting firm two weeks ago and all is fine apart from yesterday when he cleaned a taxi, The owner was over welmed with the job untill 10 mins arfter leaving he came back screeming and shouting "there is a dent in my car youv done it" he said it was there alreafy but will pay for half would would all you expereanced people do (the taxi driver whants all or nothing) i think he should not pay any good will gester at all
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 28 January 2004
Tell the Taxi driver to take a running jump,If I know Taxi drivers he would have noticed the dent when he picked it up,once the cab has left the premises he has no recourse.Has the cabby paid for the clean? if not sue him!

Mark
Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 28 January 2004
I totally agree with squeaky. If he's driven off without commenting on the dent he has no claim against your friend.

Legally, who's to say that he didn't dent his car within the 10 minutes after driving off. The cabbie has no chance.
Posted by petra (petra), 28 January 2004
1, tell him to get stuffed, people will try anything they can. He having your mate over.
2, Does you mate not display a disclaimer?
Petra
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 29 January 2004
The taxi guy is trying to pull a fast one tell your pal not to give him a penny!!!

Tell him to get a disclaimer and maybe think of an inspection before and after the clean.

Tell him not to stress!

Alex
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 29 January 2004
Hmmm...

All or nothing eh..

I would go for giving him nothing.

Martin Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.