Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

where can I buy labels?

Posted by jake (jake), 11 March 2004

have just been awarded cleaning contract with a large house builder. They have asked us to supply 'cleaned and checked' labels (ribbons) to seal over cleaned toilets prior to handover. We have 'phoned all over, visited all local suppliers, and spent hours on the web!!!,can't find em any where!! The nearest we've got is 'do not use' which would be okay except it is self-adhesive which is not suitable. We know someone on this great forum must be able to help....please, ta!

                                   Jake (westclean)
Posted by Anj (Anj), 11 March 2004

 Have you contacted Kimberly Clark ?
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 11 March 2004
Try large hotel chains Jake.

Some have what you describe, but worded "Sanitised for your protection", so you feel safe using a WC that thousands have used before you.

They seem to be polythene, or paper, and sized to slip over the seat and cover together, but I'm sure they're not adhesive. Perhaps someone from these hotels could let you buy some, or tell you who their supplier is.

Failing that, how about a plastics printer? You know, the folk who do carrier bags. Give them the size you need and what text is required.

Last resort - ask the builder where they've seen, or used, them before. No, ask them first. They've obviously had this on other sites.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 11 March 2004

I understand your dilemma, were you advised that this would be a part of you contract if you got it? If so you should have done your homework but what Davie recommends try a hotel and find out there supplier.


Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 11 March 2004
Jake , i use ones supplied by the company themselves, worded Do Not Use This Toilet Has Been Hygenicaly Cleaned.. I will ask where they get them. They are self adhesive, but i only tear about quarter inch off backing on each end so no trouble getting them off.


Posted by kb58 (keith b), 12 March 2004
Hi Jake,

Check out [url][/url]
they look to supply most signs that comply with health & safety issues, if you can`t find anything on website you can contact them via email at:
or [email][/email]
and im sure they can tell you where!.
good luck

P.S. - might be a idea to get your company advertised & printed on `checked & cleaned ribbon at same time?
Posted by jake (jake), 12 March 2004
thanks to all for the info, I have just spoken to the firms sales lady who says she doesn't like the ribbon idea and has never pushed previous cleaners to provide them!!!   Shocked

I personally think it's a good idea, and will follow up the suggestions as I think it would be good to have it in the van to use in the future.

                               Thanks again, Jake (westclean)

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.