Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Ladders, best ones? Cost?

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 7 January 2004
Can anyone recommend a decent ladder make??

Cost etc etc??

Thanks

Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 8 January 2004
Everone on the American sites swear by little giant ladders made by "wing". Also available in the u.k. at a price.
http://www.ladders.com/

I have 2 copies of these, plus a 3 section, plus small and large steps plus a scaffolding tower. I can fit all these in/on top of my opel van (minus the scaffolding), plus my water fed pole/100kg RO water, poles and wc equipment and my work tools at once.
Mine are only copies, so I wouldn't recommend them, however I oil them with a releasing spray & never put them on the roof. You could fit 2 sets in the back of a cortina when folded all the way down. Each one opens up to 3 metres, I picked them up from Lidl for 50 quid each. Safety rated 175 kg.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 8 January 2004
Hi Mark,
           I use A frame window cleaning trade ladders from

www.ladders999.co.uk

They are excellent quality and my last set lasted me 15 years Shocked

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 8 January 2004
Hiya,

I use a 2.7m Titan aluminium A  frame ladder that cost £75 ish and I've found it to be really good.

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 8 January 2004
Hi Mark,
           Forgot to say that link above sell Titan ladders which in my opinion are excellent quality. I use mainly a 3.66 mtr wooden A frame which i find is a good hight for general use.

Steve
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 8 January 2004
I have a Titan double 12 foot wooden A frame recommended by Mr Lowe when i changed from my bog standard alloy ladders a few months back.

The price put me off for ages, but I have got to admit it's the best money i have spent on equipment. They help you get higher up the windows safely instead of standing on the top rung stretching to reach.

It took a while to get used to the weight, but now i think I prefer it as it helps to make you feel more secure and there is less chance of the wind taking them while you are stood on bay windows etc.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.