Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Call out charge

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 8 November 2003
One of my  shop customers phoned me on my day off and asked if I could go round and clean one of her shop windows as someone had left a curry on it . I explaned that I did not work at the weekend , but she pleaded with me as I was not due to clean them again for a couple  of days and they looked a mess. So softie that I am I went and cleaned them .Now  how much would you charge , would you just charge for the 1 window ,or the one window plus a call out charge ,taking into account that it is a good paying job , and I get a brew as well  Cool
Posted by john_archer (john_archer), 9 November 2003
John,
        i'd let this one go n bung on next time, if there was a next time for a special call out.You were gonna clean it soon anyway.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 9 November 2003
I have had this a few times over the years but i have just charged the normal amount and just put it down to one of those things that are sent to try us Grin

Steve
Posted by simonb (simonb), 9 November 2003
Ive had this.
The best solution is to say 'I wont charge you but if you would like to make a donation I won't say no'

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 9 November 2003
Hi Simon,
             So you dont charge the normal amount for the shop Shocked

Steve
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 9 November 2003
I think I  will just  tell them to buy me a drink at xmas  Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.