Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Phantom Window Cleaning

Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 27 February 2004
Do you ever walk past a really mucky window every day/week/month, that really annoys you?

And think to yourself that one day your just gonna clean it, without asking, for no other reason than its dirty?

There's a building here thats absolutely filthy (a glass building that might as well be concrete its so dirty), and I sometimes think I'll turn up in the dead of the night and clean just 1 window to show them what their missing.

Anyone else think this sometimes, or is it just me that's strange?

Philip
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 27 February 2004
or is it just me that's strange?

Hmmm, the defence rests, your honour. No further questions  Wink

You and Vince VGC aren't related by any chance? He was talking recently about donning a balaclava and doing somebody's windows at dead of night because they were so manky.

Cleaning windows for free? FOR FREE!!

Doctor Davie recommends you have a lie down in a darkened room until the shakes go away. This is called Cabin Fever and normally abates when the snow melts. Don't worry Phil, you WILL be able to clean windows again next week - trust me.
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 27 February 2004
How about cleaning just one, take your time to do it, then leave a message saying "see what your missing", and leave your card attached. Even get the local paper in with you, saying its an eyesore etc, etc, etc.
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 27 February 2004
I am proud of my town and will occasionally clean the odd empty shop windowthats looking sad, just my way of giving something back. But its annoying if I have just done it and someone moves in that doesnt want our service !!
Posted by stephen (stephen), 27 February 2004
i am going to do half of one of my next door nabours windows just to see if he notices. not been cleaned for about 10 years  Grin
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 28 February 2004
i love it when you knock on a door for a bit of canvessing, the house has the most manky dirty windows ever and they say we already have one. one day i am going to crack and shout "liars" at them
Posted by Reuben_Reynolds (Reuben_Reynolds), 28 February 2004
There is a building in Swindon that has been empty for 7 years, a company goes and cleans odd windows and leaves. They never clean all of them just odd windows!!!!

It is us at Ionic we go there and do Demonstrations of The Reach & Wash System, the windows are really dirty good test, we can show poles upto 60ft  Smiley

regards

Reuben      
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 28 February 2004
Reuben, do you provide comparative weights of the ergolite v other poles ?- Couldnt find any on your website but think I might have seen an article recently in "cleaning & related" but have lost it.
Posted by Reuben_Reynolds (Reuben_Reynolds), 29 February 2004
Jeff,

We can send you our 2004 updated Price list, it will include all the weights of poles.
It will feature shortly, our new range of glass fibre poles with the same diameter tubing as the Ergo-lite carbon.
Initial trials have gone well a 35ft Glass fibre-lite pole is 6kg for example, cheaper than standard carbon poles with more clamps and narrow diameter.
For broshure and price list, please mail
info@ionicsystems.com

Regards

Reuben

Posted by simonb (simonb), 29 February 2004
Phil
First its witches now its phantoms. Is there something we should know?

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.