Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

advice needed

Posted by endresult (endresult), 19 January 2004
as someone who is new to this game I need some advice.I have the chance to buy a minuteman extraction machine cheaply(I think). this machine will be used mostly as a backup and possibly for car valeting.has anyone used this type of machine and are parts available in u/k if it breaks down?             thanks in advance.davy
Posted by mark_roberts (mark_roberts), 19 January 2004
Most parts of most machines are easily available.  Give Woodbridge a ring as they sell everything for all machines.  Or at least it seems so.

For carpet cleaning, buy no less than 2x3 stage vacs and 100 psi pump.  Heater is also advisable.

I've only used my back-up machine a few times in three years so maybe your money could go towards something more needed?

cheers
Mark Roberts
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 19 January 2004
If you're buying a second hand machine as a backup, presuming that it's in sound condition, you should not pay much for it. You're not in a hurry, so only buy it if it's a bargain. As Mark says, consumables are standard on most machines. A Minuteman distributor here in the West Midlands is Scrubtec on 0121 240 6624.  Their 2002 pricelist shows the Rugmaster 7 at £1100 and the Rugmaster 13 at £1180.  The "7" and "13" relate to US gallons capacity. Hoses, tools and V.A.T. extra. Both are single 3 stage vacs and 100psi pumps. These are the only conventional extractors listed, but there are other spotters and walk behinds.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.