Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Cleaning the inside of windows

Posted by salven (salven), 30 January 2004
I was wondering why wc's dont clean the inside of windows, only the outside, surely this would be helpful when its raining.
Any comments would be appreciated
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 30 January 2004
Hi Salvern
              I do quite a few inside jobs but its sometimes hard to fit it in to the wet days Smiley

Steve
Posted by simonb (simonb), 30 January 2004
The customer has to be in so need an appointment.
You have to be carefull with curtains ornaments etc.
You get warm then have to go out and get cold.
They won't pay a premium for the extra hassle.

Having said that if you do upmarket properties then they usually want in & out. My best job is an in and out for £80 which is worth phoning the night before to arrange!
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 30 January 2004
We do loads of inside jobs especially large houses.We use pur water on outside and by time hes finished inside done to.Inside always use gg3/4 in spray bottle then cloth to wipe and buff.No ladders either use pole with clamp for cloth this is such a time saver.
Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 1 February 2004
SteveF,

Do you find the spray bottle and cloth quicker than squeegie  Huh
Posted by Old_Master (Old_Master), 3 February 2004
Fastest for internals: Wagtail Combi Squeegee and pure water!
I dont think soap is necesary in these anti smoking days!
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 3 February 2004
Sorry for the delay......Yes bottle spray inside much quicker than squeege.You dont have to put down sill cloth or anything just spray and cloth if i dont want to do inside i make up a bottle for the customer they are well chuffed and give them couple cloths amazing how many of there friends call me to do theirs.
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 3 February 2004
what do you put into the bottle...just g3
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 3 February 2004
Very very small spitfull of gg3 then normal water or pure if you have it sometimes ill give them a spray bottle and add extra fiver on for the outside

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.