Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Pole systems

Posted by rayzork (rayzork), 29 January 2004
I am wondering if pure water is absolutly necessary for poling windows.

Here in BC, Canada I have never seen anyone use pure water in their poles.

Most windows will cause the water to film on to the window and dry clean.  But there are occassionnal windows where the water pearls and then you get spotting. I am wondering if an additive could be added throug a chemical dispenser to prevent pearling?

Any ideas

Also I am amaze at the fact no company has made a double trigger poling system (One for soap and one for rinsing).

Posted by mickeyfat (mickeyfat), 29 January 2004
anyone know of a place that sells long poles...40feet....not water feed just a dirty great big brrom stick that falls apart Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Roll Eyes Tongue
Posted by crystal (crystal), 29 January 2004
dont know but it sounds like it will take some controlling Wink
Posted by mickeyfat (mickeyfat), 29 January 2004
yes...i think it could be fun...maybe i could ditch the ladders...anyways i found this

http://www.sanitarysupplyco.com/82710221.htm Shocked
Posted by crystal (crystal), 29 January 2004
on 01/29/04 at 00:43:23, mickeyfat wrote:
yes...i think it could be fun...maybe i could ditch the ladders...anyways i found this

http://www.sanitarysupplyco.com/82710221.htm Shocked

silly me ive got a 3 section pole x 2mtr pole which can be added to similar to your link bought mine from cleantech ww.cleantech.co.uk i know it can be added to not sure maximum number
Posted by fez (fez), 29 January 2004
I use the Unger Teleplus poles. I bought the first three and they're great for cleaning conservatory roofs with.
It does take some practice to use them for cleaning high windows though. At first I found that it left them streaky. I'm getting better at it though. Smiley
Posted by peterf (peterf), 29 January 2004
on 01/29/04 at 00:34:01, mickeyfat wrote:
anyone know of a place that sells long poles...40feet....not water feed just a dirty great big brrom stick that falls apart Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Roll Eyes Tongue

I don't think you could control a pole with a squeegee on the end at that height, well I couldn't.  You can control a brush, as it just has to cover all of the glass, but a squeegee is more a precision thing. You can get a squeegee up there, but you will only know what mess you will leave behind once you try it.  I have used a squeegee on a pole successfully on third storey, around 30 feet.

Peter
Posted by Old_Master (Old_Master), 29 January 2004
I have not tried using a squeegee at 40' however Sorbo squeegees are claimed to be capable of doing so due to their three position sqeegee chanel. We have happily used them at 20+ feet for internal work.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.