Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Working offline

Posted by L.Doubtfire (L.Doubtfire), 13 January 2004
T o group members in general.Is there any way of working offline after
receiving messages,being able to read messages etc.also composing replies
etc. etc. Replies much appreciated.

Lewis  Doubtfire.

Posted by fez (fez), 13 January 2004
Hi Lewis, try this -

In Microsoft Internet Explorer, add the Cleanitup Forum to your favourites.

In your favourites list, right click on the Cleanitup link and select properties at the bottom.

When the window opens up you have some options available. One is change icon and the other should be make available offline. Put a tick in the box and you should be sorted.

I hope that this helps you. Grin
Posted by L.Doubtfire (L.Doubtfire), 13 January 2004
Thanks  for reply,tried it but it did`nt work.
Anyone else any ideas??

Lewis

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 14 January 2004
Hi Lewis
           What internet provider do you use Huh

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 14 January 2004
Hi again.

I'm on broadband so I'm online all the time anyway, but I've had a play around with the setup of Microsoft Internet Explorer and I've found that this works (I've tried it).

Right click on the site in your favourites list that you want available offline.

Click on "make available offline".

This opens "offline favourite wizard"

Set the options that you want - i.e. when you want to synchronize with the online version of the site or to set a password and then click on finish.

Disconnect from the internet and you should be able to view the site but obviously it won't be up to date for long.

I hope this helps you.

Fez. Wink
Hi Fez
        The reason i asked what provider he is using is because if its aol it uses its own software and is different.

Steve
Ok Steve. No Problem.

I used to be on AOL prior to going on NTL Broadband, but I can't remember how to access a site offline.

Not working today Steve? (I've got a poorly child at home, so I'll be playing catch up on Saturday!) Sad
Hi Fez
        No its raining at the moment but looks like it will clear up and then i am out Smiley How do you find Ntl Huh I am on the 1mb broadband with aol and its lightning fast Smiley

Steve
on 01/14/04 at 11:22:14, Steve Lowe wrote:
How do you find Ntl Huh I am on the 1mb broadband with aol and its lightning fast Smiley

Steve

Yeah, I like it. I'm on the 600k package but I still find it very fast. I don't have any problems with downloading stuff.

My next mission is to build a website for my business. Wink
I've checked out yours and it's very good. Smiley

on 01/14/04 at 11:27:57, fez wrote:
My next mission is to build a website for my business. Wink
I've checked out yours and it's very good. Smiley

Thanks Fez
                I put it together last year with Frontpage Smiley Will you try and do it yourself Huh

Steve

Yes, I'm going to give it a go, also with Frontpage.
I'll just take my time, there's no rush. More of a learning experience than anything.
Hi Fez
        Good luck Wink If you get stuck and need any help feel free to give me a ring and i would help where i could. Wink

Steve
on 01/14/04 at 11:58:59, Steve Lowe wrote:
Hi Fez
        Good luck Wink If you get stuck and need any help feel free to give me a ring and i would help where i could. Wink

Steve

That's great Steve, thanks a lot! Grin

Posted by matt (matt), 14 January 2004
why would you want to read messages offline  Huh  Huh Huh

if your on pay as you surf package, evening time its only 90p a hour

get on 1 of the paid ISP's and your laughing, they are about 15 quid a month now i belive

i know some1 who still uses pay as you surf, and he has a hour on line a night, every few nights

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.