Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Bring back the Dom

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 30 January 2004
Should he stay or should he go
What do you think,  
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 30 January 2004
Hi John
I think Bring him back, But tell all main suppliers to stop the childish banter which should of been said in the first place.
The way he has been treated he may not want to, we might even start seeing him on the when I'm cleaning windows forum?
Alan
Posted by jonesy5 (jonesy5), 30 January 2004
Bring him back!!!!!!
This board has probably had more hits in the last month, than ever before.
Is that right Mike?
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 30 January 2004
for all us newbies : Embarassed....who/whats the dom Huh
Read some of the crash testing threads.
Never mind fastest window cleaner!
I think he fastest typer!!!!!!

Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 30 January 2004
ok willl do Smiley
Hi V.G.C
Dom (Sean) is a chap who works for a wfp company Brodex who has been involved in a war with words with another supplier Ionics.
he has been banned from the forum by Mike B (forum admin).
Alan
Sorry VGC
i think Doms crash testing thread has mysteriously gone!!!
Its there on page 3 "why use colour change Resin"
Hope you sober and got a spare hour   Cheesy
Hi Jonsey
below is the link about the crash testing link
Alan
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Equipment;action=display;num=1068152149

Posted by Polepro (Polepro), 31 January 2004
The crash test thing was also raging in the used equipment section in a topic called "wanted waterfed  pole system". It seems to me that both Brodex and Ionic had a lot to say on the subject and both sides of the argument are stated clearly for all to see, generally I think that many readers were "waterfed" up of it. Certainly many of the best contributors to this forum had either moved of it or stopped posting altogether because "Dom" did'nt stop at just slagging Ionic. Peter F is well respected here and used to give lots of unbiased advise but Dom laid into him too. Looks like Peters back now and thats a good thing for us all, Peter is a window cleaner first and a supplier second. If lying about a serious safety issue is not a good reason to be banned then what is?

Tom
Posted by denzle (Denzle), 31 January 2004
Well said that man.
Denzle
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 31 January 2004
Hi Polepro
I'll second that, I have spoken to peter on a few occasions and you wont get a more helpful bloke always happy to help even if it's not for his own financial gain, heard he has even helped people out when they have had problems with their wfp systems even though they did not buy from him.
Top bloke, says alot dont it
Alan
Posted by Old_Master (Old_Master), 31 January 2004
" Some suppress Freedom in the name of law and order"

What sort of Company sends private investigators into their competitors -  We're humble manufacturers of pole systems  not  international organisations.

Brodex are not the only company these "dirty tricks" have been used against.
And I am not talking about us (omnipole).  
These tactics have been used many times - hence the dislike by the rest of the industry. Peter isnt big enoth supplier yet to warrant this "special Treatment" from ionic - see what happens when he does.
These days there are cameras on every street corner, if your not doing anything wrong then being filmed should not bother you. If Omnipole was not investigated how would you know if any others were?

Tom
Entering peoples home or place of work and filming them without their knowledge  is not right.

How would you like a window cleaner to send an investigator to your home or place of buisnees pretending to be a prospective client and  find out your trade secrets and who your customers are and how much you charge them etc.?
I'm sure that I would n't like it at all, and I hope that I'd never give anyone reason to do so. But if anyone ever did I'd be sure that there would never be any come back because I always tell the truth. Always telling the truth makes life far easier because you never have to remember what lies you told to what person. Personally I respect those who tell the truth and in this instance I'm pleased that Mike Boxall was able to discover the truth. If Mike had not been able to see the truth for himself then we'd all still be in the dark and have to put up with this never ending slagging match.

Tom
I agree with you on your last point wholeheartedly.

As for the reason for sending in private investigator to you the reason would be they didnt want you or any other major competitor.
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 31 January 2004
ok chaps thanks for the replys
i read some threads about tanks not being 100% full and all that jazz
think i get the jist of it all  Huh

on 01/26/04 at 19:21:16, Silly Philly wrote:
For the benefit of BeeClean & new members, I'll try to explain my understanding of this issue (from what I have gleaned from the other posts) in as objective way possible.  

Reuban, Dom, Carl, Anyone else, please feel free to correct me if I get anything wrong:

Because van mounted Pure water systems are extremely heavy, sometimes more than 1000kg, there is a potential risk that if the vehicle crashes, the system could break free of its mountings and cause injury to the driver and passengers of the vehicle.

In response to this risk Ionic Systems have, at their expense, conducted crash tests of their system at Thatcham (which is an independent crash-test centre).  Their crash test was successful in that their system did not break free.  As Pure20 (an Ionic company) uses the the same system and mountings, I think they too can claim to have a successful test.  These tests now make a good selling point for these companies, and some have speculated that in future such tests may become mandatory.

However, some have raised objections as to the validity of this test.  A point Dom raised, was that since Ionic paid for the test, there is a conflict of interest, and such a test paid for by the manufacturer would not be impartial.  (This same point is also a subject of hot debate about safety certification for new cars) Though this is a valid point, and since no government body exists to do these tests, Ionic argue that there is simply no alternative.  Reuban raised the point that, by this reasoning the fact that you pay for your driving test or MOT would not make it impartial.

Dom also raises the point that the system in test was only 75% full.  I'm not certain from where Dom has got this information (feel free to message me Dom and I'll include it), but Reuban assures me that this is not true, and the system was tested 100% full.

Ionic have voluntarily agreed to present the result of their tests to interested parties (Mike Boxall being one), and to explain them in detail.

www.thatcham.org Thatcham's website
www.brodexbms.co.uk Dom's company website (Brodex Machine Services)
www.pure2o.co.uk Pure20 website
www.ionicsystems.com Ionic Systems website

Revised 27/1/04

If I have any of this incorrect, please tell me and I'll edit this post.

Silly

Maybe your right Old Master (lol, reminds me of a kung-fu movie). Maybe they needed to find out if lies were being told about them? From what I've read so far that would seem to be a more likely reason. Good-bye Old Master (lol) I look forward to our next debate, seriously I'm finished for today, nice debating with you.

Tom
Posted by poleman (poleman), 31 January 2004
Hi MIKE

REGARING your ref to Sean and i quote (and no it is not about crash tests) : We took the decision to remove Seans posts before because he originally joined the forum pretending to be a window cleaner.

or your reply to Re: Ionic v Brodex - The truth is out there!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30th, 2004, 9:38am »

well it has come attention that polepro and or pure_genius is not who they/he say there are!!! i could be wrong and yes i would hold my hands up if that is the case but if he/they work for OTT then us window cleaners needs to be in formed.

Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people.
F. M. Hubbard

Andy

dorset

fed member
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 31 January 2004
on 01/31/04 at 15:57:01, poleman wrote:
well it has come attention that polepro is not who he says he is!!! i could be wrong and yes i would hold my hands up if that is the case but if he works for OTT
then us window cleaners needs to be in formed.

Is Polepro & the Old Master, the same person?
Posted by poleman (poleman), 31 January 2004
karlosdaze

Old Master is from omnipole

andy

dorset

fed member
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 1 February 2004

Is it the mild mannered janitor? Could be.  Grin

Gerry.
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 1 February 2004
on 02/01/04 at 12:22:04, g_griffin wrote:
Is it the mild mannered janitor? Could be.  Grin

Gerry.

LOL
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 1 February 2004
A little bird tells me that Polepro is from OTT! Huh
Posted by APS_PureWash_Sys (APS_PureWash_Sys), 7 February 2004
Andy

you are banging your head against a brick wall with
this forum it's not what it seems
most of the lads and lasses on here are fine but watch out for the white wash!!!!

cheers
andy
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 7 February 2004
Go on then name names Shocked
Posted by tam (tam), 7 February 2004
Is Dom OTT CM
Posted by Silly_Philly (Silly Philly), 7 February 2004
Dom is most definately not OTT (Now called Ionic Systems)

Dom was/is the sales manager for Brodex Machine Services [ www.brodexbms.co.uk ] A competitor of Ionic.

His user name to begin with was Dom Matrix (yes funny isn't it)  But later he became identified as a rep of Brodex, and kept the 'Dom' in his user name.

Silly
dont need to name names

if you wait long enough now dom is out of the way,
they will show themselves

you should know me by now that i run my own business
making them and I work on my jack jones
Posted by matt (matt), 7 February 2004
Dragging this topic BACK ON TOPIC

i dont think he should be allowed back (i can be pretty sure he will read this, under a different name)

He seemed to allways "start" the arguement and not leave it alone

i can do without wadeing through loads of "crap" posts, i do it enough online as it is  Sad

Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 7 February 2004
[quote author=APS_PureWash_Sys link=board=Equipment;num=1075503837;start=20#27 date=02/07/04 at 20:43:53]

most of the lads and lasses on here are fine

"yes have found that salt of the its earth its the bloody sales lot should only come when only asked".

Andy

dorset

fed memebr
andy

your the one trying to sniff them outHuh  yes / no

looking at your other posts

if you would like advice on WFP system I will help you

but it looks like your on a mission

you are right there are sleepers on here
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 8 February 2004
on 02/07/04 at 23:00:43, APS_PureWash_Sys wrote:
andy

your the one trying to sniff them outHuh  yes / no

looking at your other posts

if you would like advice on WFP system I will help you

but it looks like your on a mission

you are right there are sleepers on here

yes its me Grin Suppose its the Journalist in me Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.