Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Ionic systems

Posted by sham33 (sham33), 9 October 2003
Hi, I think im right in saying that Ionic Systems is the new name for OTT? Anyway just had a quick look at there site. Its very neat with all the new systems, worth a look www.ionicsystems.com  Cool
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 9 October 2003
Hi,
  I have just had one of their catalogues through with all the prices and equipment and it does look excellent stuff. Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 9 October 2003
I was looking at their cricket system for using on a few domestic jobs with hard to reach windows. Is anyone on this forum using one and are they any good Huh Do they come with a pole or does that have to be purchased separately Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 10 October 2003
shame u cant order online anymore like u could the old site  Sad
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 11 October 2003
Polepro,
            Would the cricket work ok in a hard water area Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 11 October 2003
I've heard its not very effective in a hard water area. Thats why i never got 1  Cry Hard water areas need reverse osmosis i think which come on the bigger systems. Correct me if im wrong  Wink
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 11 October 2003
Thanks for that info. Perhaps i would be better off looking at Peter Fogwells trolley system that if i remember rightly can be bought for hard water areas. Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by Polepro (Polepro), 13 October 2003
You can use the cricket in hard water areas but you will need to change the filters more often than you would in a soft water area.

Tom
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 13 October 2003
Thanks Tom,
                  It looks an excellent system for the occasional inaccessible window. Cheesy

Steve Lowe
Posted by Polepro (Polepro), 13 October 2003
I think that you've hit the nail on the head, I only use my Cricket occassionally. None of these trollies hold enough water for anything else. If you where planning to rely on one full time you'd be faster on your ladders.

Tom

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.