Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Sprayer recommendations wanted !

Posted by woodman (woodman), 5 November 2003
Wink

Right come on chaps, I need a new sprayer as mine after many happy years together has just gone kaput.

I would now like one where I can control the dilution rate and can be applied hot.

What are you guys using,what did you pay and where's the best place to get it from. Smiley

Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 5 November 2003
Hi Woody,

For carpets I run 3 sprayers. An in-line Spraymaster with variable ratio adjustment from World of Clean, and I think I saw a post on here a few days ago from Express Cleaning/Clean It Up.  A Gloria 10 ltr. Stainless which I use for Enviroshield and a Gloria 5 ltr plastic for  Dry Fusion. Both Glorias from my local janitorial supplier too long ago to remember the price.

For upholstery I have a Gloria 5 ltr. for protection and a Flow Techniques 3 ltr. for pre-spray

Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 5 November 2003
I [refer the genuine Hydraforce over any copy type sprayers.

Regards

Glynn
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 5 November 2003
Hi Woodman,

Pop in to A & M. They have just started stocking the Spraymaster in line sprayer. I promise you will not be disappointed. It is much better than the hydroforce ( and cheaper). It offers variable dilution ratios and works well with portables as well as truckmounts. It is also so much more efficient than a pump up sprayer.

Nigel
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 5 November 2003
A plastic sprayer is what I first bought and lasted 18 months, continually replacing seals and blocking.
I then bought a spraychem stainless steel unit 10 liter very good and still going strong £140 inc brass handle and lance. I also have a Gloria sprayer 5 liter for protection, but will do for anything these are the best and most expensive due to build quality.
Always use brass fan jets as plastic ones damage easily when trying to unblock.
The next one I will get will be a good quality electric sprayer just because it will save time pumping up and also I am becoming lazey in my old age Grin
John
Posted by Paul_Elliott (Paul_Elliott), 5 November 2003
Woodmen, do you use a TM or portable?

Paul.
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 5 November 2003
Where are  A&M do they have a web site ?
Posted by bonzer (bonzer), 6 November 2003
Try www.worldofclean.co.uk for the Spraymaster. They're a pretty good price.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 6 November 2003
Hi Dave

In formation as requested...

A & M are in Watford
Tel: 01923 671587
www.aandmcs.co.uk

Derek
Posted by woodman (woodman), 6 November 2003
Thank you Chaps I knew you wouldn't let me down Wink

Hi Nigel ,

I will pop along to A&M and have a butchers sounds just the sort of thing I'm after.I don't really want to be messing with all different types of sprayers just want one that will do everything (well almost).

Derek how did the course go?
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 6 November 2003
Thanks chaps also, dont know if I will get to Watford, but will check the web site. Thanks
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 6 November 2003
Hi Mr W

The course went well from my side of things, I hope the attendees enjoyed it too.

Its funny I get real cranky (that's a technical term) if I don't learn something new when I meet up with fellow cleaners...they never let me down. Always something to learn thats the great thing about our business.

Regards
Derek

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.