Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Pointers

Posted by JohnM1 (JohnM1), 28 January 2004
Hi Guy's

Well, after a lot of thought I bought a single pointer and have to say it's the best thing I have ever bought.  You feel so safe and it just making cleaning window so much easyer.  Now I want a double pointer, any ideas what length I should go for?

Cheers lads

John
Posted by james44 (james44), 28 January 2004
hi john what size pointer did you buy
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 29 January 2004
Hi John
          If you are doing normal house height work i use a Double A frame 3.66 and that will do most jobs with ease. Wink

Steve
Posted by JohnM1 (JohnM1), 29 January 2004
Hi James

I got a 2.5 alley single pointer, and after you wondered how you coped with out it.

John
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 29 January 2004
Why do u feel more safe  Huh Just wondered, im in the market for a new ladder soon.
Posted by JohnM1 (JohnM1), 29 January 2004
I just feel safer, maybe because there is only three points of contact when you position it, it just stays there, also on uneven ground there is no movement or wobble, plus you get closer to the work,  by placing it in the corner of the window rather than above or under the sill or either side of the window so less streching.

I would not be without one now, but thought like you, how would I benefit from one.

John

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.