Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

WFP

Posted by matt (matt), 5 February 2004
Too be honest, i do 99% of my work on domestic homes, and i am happy with the old style method of cleaning

BUT

ive been think of taking on jobs cleaing conserveties etc (the whole thing, roof and all the trimmings)

so i thought about a WFP

would these be any good for what  have in mind ?? ??

also, any of your firms who supply send out leaflets for me to look at ?? ??

whats the price i am looking at, it will have to be small as i use my car

thanks
matt

Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 6 February 2004
not an expert on wfp but somthing like this will do a con roof
http://www.ungerglobal.com/english/eng_pro/01e_services/High%20Access%20Catalog%202003.pdf
Posted by peterf (peterf), 6 February 2004
Matt, if you send me your address I can send you some inforfation on my system, alternativly you can have a look at http://www.window-tools.com/commercial.htm
the trolley fits in any small car, and the system includes everything you would need.

Peter
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 6 February 2004
not an expert on wfp but somthing like this will do a con roof
http://www.ungerglobal.com/english/eng_pro/01e_services/High%20Access%20 Catalog%202003.pdf

I've got 1 of those poles and i've done a conservatory roof with it, and its really hard work. Infact its a right Pi*% off.

I've not got a WFP yet but i would imagine thier ideal for conservatory roofs.

Peter, what size tank could i get in a Berlingo van  Huh
Posted by peterf (peterf), 6 February 2004

Do you know what the payload is?  I think the Berlingo van can be anything from 600kg to 800kg depending on the model.

Peter
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 6 February 2004
I'll find the manual and get back 2 u tomorrow  Smiley
Posted by matt (matt), 6 February 2004
thanks for the replies  Smiley

VGC,
ive seen that type of thing from a brush firm, infact i clean the mother of the director of the said firm, and he has said i can have anything in the brochure for 50% off Smiley, but was thinking a WFP would be a nice selling point

Peter,
WHat about the 1 with the page that starts

Clean your windows, conservatory, car, caravan, or boat
This whole system for just £199.00 + VAT

any good for what i want HuhHuh....

Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 9 March 2004
Forget using a wfp for conservaory roofs if you can get on top of one clean it by hand if not use a pressure washer and just clean the windows by hand.you can buy a conserv ladder for 400 quid or a plank from a builder you can distribute the weight evenly over the bems.We used to use our wfp for these and it will cost you massive amounts of money depending on what system you will get if you charge a customer 20-60 for a complete clean it would cost you half in water and resin deduct the time it takes you wouldnt be left with much.
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 9 March 2004
If you do purchase  a wfp system use it for bigger houses and commercial work where you can move quickly around the buildings this is where your wfp will be more beneficial its a slow old procces for conservatorys time youve got it all out you could have been on the roof half way through.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.