Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

polishing wood hall floor

Posted by D.Salkeld_Ltd (D.Salkeld_Ltd), 17 March 2004
I'm actualy a window cleaner but I took on the job as caretaker at the church my family and I go to and we have a buffer to polish/buff the Hall floor can any one send me some info as to how to use it.  We have three different grades of pads.

Thankyou
David Salkeld

E Mail david@salkeld95.freeserve.co.uk

Posted by cleaningbloke (cleaningbloke), 21 March 2004
Don't bother asking these lot Davie they are about as helpful as a fart in a diving suit.  
Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 22 March 2004
Describing how to buff on here is difficult. I would suggest that you look for a local cleaning contractor to you, give them a call and explain your situation.

If they are nice, they'll give you a half hour lesson on a buffer somewhere. Its all about practicing, but its good to be shown the basics. As important for the floor is to keep it dust mopped/swept as often as possible. If its wood, then dont use lots of water when mopping, just a lightly 'damp' mop head used once a week or so will do.

Use a red pad when buffing it up to a shine, but only after it has been swept and possibly mopped to remove dirt. Or, you'll have a shiny dirty floor. You'll need a spray buff solution too. Any janitorial supplier will advise.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.