Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Eiropean Standard BS EN 131

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 20 January 2004
Been looking at ladders on Scrim City Site.

They have Trade BS EN131 ladders (eiropean standard) and also Domestic EN BS2037 laddres obviuoslly for the domestic market.

What I am asking is so if i find a ladder with the BS EN131 standard that deems it suitable for Trade use?  ie Does not invalidate insurance.

Reason I ask is that Local Wickes have ladders for sale there with the BS EN131 number.

Thanks

Mark

Posted by samm (samm), 20 January 2004
hello mark,
Yup BS EN131 is the standard for trade ladders (previously BS2037 Class 2) which wont invalidate ur insurance.
The domestic standard is currently BS 2037 Class 3, so make sure you avoid them.
I orded some new ladders yesterday from www.ladders999.co.uk titans is a good brand, thats what scrimcity and sells , but they are slightly cheaper at ladders999 for the same titan ladders.

sam
Posted by samm (samm), 20 January 2004
ps next day delivery is inc. I was gonna buy locally but quite a bit more expensive than online

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.