Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

New Low Moisture Systems

Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 23 March 2004
For those of you who like to try different cleaning methods, I had the pleasure of helping out with a commercial carpet clean with the two Steve's (Carpenter and Carpet Monster) yesterday in which we experimented with a couple of the new low moisture carpet cleaning systems.

Both the new encapsulation system and the just imported OP machine proved to be very good and easy to use. Both gave great results on ditched carpets (two types - low profile, and high quality deep pile wool) allowing for high productivity, and drying times of about 15-20 minutes.
I was also particularly impressed with One Step which we used with the OP machine. I know a lot of you more experienced guys seem to swear by it, and from what I've read on here, once you have tried micro-splitters you never go back to the more traditional chemicals, but having seen it at first hand I can see exactly why.

I'm now in a dilemma - I was going to invest in a CFR system but now may put that on ice and go with the OP - half the price, takes up less room in the van and can be used for other applications such as stripping, buffing, sanding etc!

Has anyone else tried these systems yet and if so what do you think?

Musicman
Posted by Steve_Conway (Steve_Conway), 24 March 2004
Hi there,

Rest assured the names all sound good!
Micro-Splitter - it means nothing its a frase.
Encapsulation System - EEEEK!
OP Machine or floppy Bonnet.
All sold by Amteck and Steve Carpenter who works for Amteck or so im lead to belive.
I think the boards are great but it always seems to be posts from people who wants to market direct to you guys.

I always read, but never post as I feel it would be a biased opinion.
I guess this is the same reason that Hydramaster, Allteck, Prochem rarely post on these sites. As for the Sunny Day out in Watford - Why is it not open to competitors to bring there equipment like we all do at any proper event!
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 24 March 2004
hi

thanks once again to musicman for your help.

steve

where was it advertised we we promoting machines on monday and tuesday?

amtec do not have any thing to do with ops.

encap have you tried the us chems? i think not

steve
Posted by mark_roberts (mark_roberts), 24 March 2004
Hi Steve

The Watford event, from what I'm led to believe, is being organised by A&M to launch the Recoil 3 which they are selling.  Its not a sunny day out type of event although I've been told other cleaners can bring their machines to demo but it would be unfair for another manufacturer to come along and try and sell their gear.

Any way if this new recoil is as good as some say it is you might be embarrassed to turn your truckmount on!!

cheers
Mark

PS. carpetmonsters, can you bring an op machine along for us to try out.  thanks
Posted by woodman (woodman), 24 March 2004
Steve,

Sorry you feel you can only watch whats going on on the board with out contributing.

This board has opened up the Carpet Cleaners world to new and improved products and also various kinds of machinery that many had never heard of before.

How many cleaners can now feel more secure in the cleaning of upholstery now that they are using the LM CFR tool that has been talked about frequently on here and recommended by experienced professionals.

Micro-splitters has has been field tested by many cleaners who have reported back on here on their findings an as a result many us now use them every day.

I have to disagree that the only people who post are manufacturers on the make, you confirm this yourself as your next sentence says that Prochem,Hydramaster etc don't appear on here and I have to say that if they did and blatently advertised they would be told in no uncertain terms where to go ,from some well established posters on here that I could mention Wink

If all people did was read what others posted for fear of being biased then the board would be empty and you would have to find something else to look at.

As for Watford,
Well I might be biased here as it was my idea to get this meeting going not A&M.They offered their facility free of charge and CC were canvassed to see if there was any objection to holding it at a Supplies company and there was none.

Of course there will be equipment on show,why not? thats how we learn about new machines like the Recoil and make up our own minds if it's for us or not.

As you say this is not a proper event or organised exhibition that was never my intention, but just a group of like minded cleaners wanting to meet and exchange ideas and views the idea being that CC that would otherwise not meet their competitors can break the ice and network and even set up some system of helping one another out in times of need.(such as when Dynafoam is inundated with work and needs to filter some out to others that are slow Grin)
come along you never know you might enjoy it.
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 24 March 2004
Hi  Guys

I guess Solution doesn't sell micro splitters then!!

Yes Steve Carpenter does have some involvment with Amtech products and machines, but also with a lot of other first class products in the general market place someone with Steves knowledge is bound to comment on good or bad products, it would be pointless for a new type of machine/system to be demonstrated to a newcomer with little or no knowledge of carpet cleaning would it.

Musicman thanks for the info.

Best regards Nick
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 24 March 2004
Well-said Woodman

Len

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 24 March 2004
Yes, very well said.

I have already thanked Woodman for his time and trouble in organising this event but do so again, publicly.

The post that sparked Woodmans' reply also raises a question I have pondered for some time - how many 'lurkers' like Steve (Conway) are out there?

Are they the reason we see posts read 64 times but get only two or three replies?

It is not that I think there is anything wrong, as such, with sitting on the sidelines, just that I wonder how many interesting and usefull contributions are not being submitted for debate.

Guess that will be a question un-answered.

John.

PS. to avoid any un-intended offense, 'lurking' is a term used in newgroups & BBs to describe those who read only.
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 24 March 2004
Is the Watford event a pre-booking affair, or can we just turn up. If so, what's the address and times please.
Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by Paul_Elliott (Paul_Elliott), 24 March 2004
Steve,

Had a bad day? Try to make your next post a bit more positive  Smiley

Steve Hayward is a carpet cleaner who has imported the OP system and I have seen it first hand. I was very impressed. Amtech don't sell the OP and nor do I. But I wish him all the best in his new venture, he's a top bloke.

Regards

Paul.
Posted by woodman (woodman), 25 March 2004
Hi ken

watford is not pre-bookable just turn up.

Kick off is 10:30 am and it will be held at A & M Cleaning Supplies Orbital Crescent Watford just of the A41.

Look out for all the CC vans everywhere and you won't go far wrong.

PS: if you do turn up ken can you bring your Dry-Fusion for us to have a butchers. Wink
Posted by Guru_Nananck (Guru_Nananck), 27 March 2004
Hi Guys,
did not mean to cause any offence, and yep maybe i had a bad day, as for Steve Haywards OP machine Tried it, used it with great results, but did not realise that he brought it in. Sorry Steve.
Nick i know you sell Micro Splitters,  it was you that told me that the the word Micro-splitter is only a term, as there is no such thing as micro-splitting or may be you have a double? Not saying that the product doesent work, Ive tried them and they dowork well.
As for posting I will in future, and be more positive towards the board.
Woodman i said that Hydramaster and Prochem ect, rarely post on this board, I have read good articles posted by them all, maybe its time for me to contribute.
PS: How do we find out who people are that post on this board, it would be nice to put faces and real names to the names, then we might all feel more confident about who has posted particular items.
Cheers
Steve Conway
PS. will change my profile. Wink
Posted by Gordon_Skjerseth (Gordon_Skjerseth), 3 April 2004
Hi everyone, I am new to this board and have enjoyed reading some of your entries. I have some questions as we may have different terms for the same items in USA . What is a LM CFR Tool for upholstery? Also What is the phrase OP stand for when used in a post. and what is a micro Splitter?

Sorry but these are all new to me. I have been in the business since 1982 and use a Butler Truck Mount System. Have enjoyed it immensely but am always open to learning more.

Hope you guys have patience in accepting Newbies.

Gordie
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 3 April 2004
Hello Gordie,

Welcome to he board. I must admit that when I visit US boards, I frequently have problems, not so much with the product names but with the dialect.

The LM CFR tool refered to is the low-moisture offering from the CFR Corporation, which hails from your side of the pond.

The "OP" refers to the Ocillating Pad machine, a development from the standard rotary machine.

The term "Micro-Splitter" is applied to a group of cleaning chemicals which contain no detergents, soaps, enzymes, optical brighteners - in fact, dispersant nano technology. most common useage is to apply to the item being cleaned, agitated, then rinsed with plain water, although removal can be by bonnet buffing or similar methods.

John.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.