Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

BIG JOB advice

Posted by jonesy5 (jonesy5), 19 December 2003
I have just had interview with caretaker of 3 big buildings, whose contracts go to tender in january, he said other company do 10,000 a year(per job) they do job every 2 months reach and wash and use cherry pickers. He said when contract comes in they produce big fancy brouchure with all details to impress the board.
Obviosly i need to put fancy contract in more than one page !!!!!!    Advice most welcome on its content.
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 19 December 2003
Well you dont have much time to get something together , you can only put in what you can do , how long have you been a window cleaner, Do you use a pole , if so how about a picture of you in action , also a couple of other pics of you cleaning other buildings . A couple of  your customers coments saying how good you are , regular , reliable , also what other services you perform .  Do you have staff , do they wear uniforms, Are you insured , are you in the Fed , anything to sell yourself . About the broucher as my wife says size does not matter  Grin Cool
Posted by fez (fez), 19 December 2003
I would imagine that they are not as taken in by the fancy brochure as you may think. All that they will be after is a good price from a firm with a professional image with insurance etc. As long as any paperwork that you give them looks the part - i.e. proper letterhead with full contact details and a little information as to how you have priced (per window or by the hour) and the methods and equipment that you use, you won't be far off the mark.

If I were you, I'd also include some health and safety information as most places are pretty keen on it at the moment. Write something like all work is risk assessed and fully insured and that all staff are fully trained to a high standard.
Posted by jonesy5 (jonesy5), 19 December 2003
Thanks for help tis noted in my brain Smiley   somewhere

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.