Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

advice for using bonnet cleaning

Posted by jmj (jmj), 14 March 2004
I've noted that a lot of cc use bonnet cleaning, can you tell me the pluses/minus of using bonnets. I'm interested in getting one possibilly but unsure of application and which carpets to use on.

joe
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 14 March 2004
Plus's: fast drying, quite, quick.

negatives: not good on dirty residential carpets, has no health or IAQ  benefits

I'll let someone else go into more detail Wink

Mike
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 14 March 2004
Joe

Not sure that most on this forum use bonnet cleaning! OK for maintenance only, would not use this system in a domestic environment as Mike stated but I will stand to be corrected.

Len

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 14 March 2004
Joe,

As part of a planned maintenace programme, bonnet buffing does an excellent job in between deep cleans. It is quick, quick drying and low cost  - most effective on low profile synthetics.

I seldom use it on domestic jobs and would not be comfortable useing it on any cut yarn because of the torque applied to the pile.

I have not yet use the new Charley pads but have heard good reports on the increased efficiency they afford.

Bonnet buffing can also be used after HWE, either just to accelerate drying or to prevent development of various other problems (eg joint-wick on carpet tiles).

John.

Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 15 March 2004
I agree with what is said so far but on the other hand I have used Dry Fusion on domestics at times with great results. It really depends on a lot of factors, and not until you meet the actual situation do you know what is best
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 15 March 2004
Fintan,

Can't argue with that ! I do occasionally use on domestics myself, but more often than not the rotary is not permitted van-space.

John.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.