Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

End of tenancy cleaning?

Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 2 February 2004
Hi People,

Does anyone on here offer end of tenancy cleaning on carpets for estate agencies or property developer?

I think of talking to these people and I’m looking for some advice on how to approach.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 2 February 2004
GrinHi Alex

I do a reasonable amount of work for letting agents; getting your foot in the door is the problem, it’s can be hard work they probably have used the same cc for years be persistent but never over bearing, one way I got in was if your regular cc is unable to help give me a call, remember most of them want it done now be prepared. Re pop developer they can and are like builder knockers!! High light your terms and condition (payment on end of clean)

Hope this helps, hopefully some other cc have other approaches in this field.

Len

Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 2 February 2004
Hi Alex

I do this for two local estate agents.The thing is they expect you to do the full clean.

Vacuum the carpets , clean the odd carpet,wipe the su
rfaces down e.g kitchen, toilet etc.

Works out £90-£100 for a terraced house,taking approx 3 hours.  £30 per hour.

Regards rob -s Grin
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 2 February 2004
I do work for three letting agents as well as normal domestic work, my nephew works for two and gets most of his work from them. We do not do any other cleaning work, cookers or the like. And we  charge them our normal rates. The problem is getting in with them as prev mentioned. You have to be persistant, not too pushey and be lucky. I got my last agent when their previous long term cleaner went bust. Get a good A4 leaflet to give them and see lots of them. Remember not all estate agents do lettings, so you may have to contact a regional office. I like the work, as generally there is no furniture to move, so jobs times can be quite fast. Oh and be prepared to wait about 4 - 6 weeks for payment.
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 3 February 2004
I do CC work for 3 local letting agents,lovely work to do as they are normally holding a clients deposit to pay me out of.
Generally the carpets are minging but the fact that the houses are normally empty is a bonus. Roll Eyes

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.